Motors without thrust rings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LithosphereRocketry

Pining for the Fjords
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive list of motors that are currently available with no included thrust rings? So far I know of:
- Most if not all Loki Research motors (the thrust ring is removable)
- CTI 29mm and 24mm reloads (via the tailcone closures)
Are there any other options currently on the market? I'm looking at this for the purposes of multistaging, where the motor itself is the stage coupler and is retained from the front.

Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive list of motors that are currently available with no included thrust rings? So far I know of:
Are there any other options currently on the market? I'm looking at this for the purposes of multistaging, where the motor itself is the stage coupler and is retained from the front.
Does it have to be a commercial motor? You can recreate any aerotech dms motor via the RCS website and just assemble it without the thrust ring. I believe this would mean the motors are considered experimental, but I could be wrong.

Does it have to be a commercial motor? You can recreate any aerotech dms motor via the RCS website and just assemble it without the thrust ring. I believe this would mean the motors are considered experimental, but I could be wrong.
I do need this to be a commercial motor - it would likely be used to attempt an altitude record at some point in the (fairly far) future.

Recently brought to my attention is the existence of RouseTech flush closures for AT 38mm cases- it seems these have been OOP for a long time. I suppose my chances of finding one available are very slim?

Recently brought to my attention is the existence of RouseTech flush closures for AT 38mm cases- it seems these have been OOP for a long time. I suppose my chances of finding one available are very slim?
You may be able to find someone that still has some Gorilla, AMW, or Kosdon hardware and reloads, but your best bet would be Loki.

CTI does not make a 24mm tailcone closure.

Back