Motors R Us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

tbzep

Reaction score
My wife just came back from her favorite store, Walmart. She picked something up for me. She found them on the clearace rack at $0.50 each, so she bought all of them.

A10's, A8's, B4's, B6's, C6's, and D12's. I even got the display boxes. :D

hokkyokusei

Reaction score
Originally posted by tbzep
My wife just came back from her favorite store, Walmart. She picked something up for me. She found them on the clearace rack at $0.50 each, so she bought all of them.
I hope you kissed her!

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Originally posted by tbzep

A10's, A8's, B4's, B6's, C6's, and D12's. I even got the display boxes. :D
WOW...... She loves you!!!!!!

rocketkid88

Reaction score
wow, i need to check out my local wally world... hope they arn't planing on getting rid of all thier stuff!

tbzep

Reaction score
I've seen other WallyWorld stores do it every once in a while. I just happend to have a wife that noticed it at our local one and took advantage.

Yes, she got hugs and kisses, from me and the kids. :)

tbzep

Reaction score
It's not the first time she's found something like this. We were in Florence, Alabama (nearest mall to her parent's home) several years ago at Christmas and we found a toy store going out of business. They also had a $0.50 per pack motor sale, so we walked out with all of their stock, about the same number of motor packs, but more 24mm motors than I got this time. Oh, and their 24mm motor packs had three motors instead of the Wally World two packs. IIRC, their kits were marked down well below 1/2 price so we left with our hands completely full of rocket goodies. :D

This is the third time she's bought $0.50 clearance motors at our local Walmart, but they only had a few 18mm and no 24mm motors the first couple of times.

cydermaster

Reaction score
You're going to have to have a cluster frenzy with those! :D

JRThro

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see... 78 packs of motors, which would cost $4.97 each at the Wal-Marts here... that's $387.66 worth of motors for $39.00, at $0.50 each.

Jeez.

Nice.

tbzep

Reaction score
Originally posted by JRThro
Let's see... 78 packs of motors, which would cost $4.97 each at the Wal-Marts here... that's $387.66 worth of motors for $39.00, at $0.50 each.

Jeez.

Nice.

Needless to say, I'm happy about it. :D :D :D

powderburner

Reaction score
Originally posted by hokkyokusei
I hope you kissed her!
I hope you did way more than kissed her

This deserves some flowers. This deserves a couple rounds of loading and unloading the dishwasher. This deserves taking her out to her favorite restaurant, and then to see a chick-flick.

Take very good care of *this* lady-----

r1dermon

Reaction score
they only carry c6-5's and a10pt's at my local wal mart...but .50 cents a pack is NASTY. thats insane. absolutely insane!!!

Lugnut

Reaction score
My WalMart only carries As and Cs, and the little ones, no B's which is what I need right now for my rocks. Wonder if they ever put them on clearance....

Lug

hokkyokusei

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lugnut
My WalMart only carries As and Cs, and the little ones, no B's which is what I need right now for my rocks. Wonder if they ever put them on clearance....

Lug
You're lucky, my WalMart carries no model rocketry items of any kind.

huxley

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lugnut
My WalMart only carries As and Cs
Same here in Utah - no Bs EVER! The Cs just make me lose rockets on our small field. The As are a bit small for heavier rockets like the Baby Bertha. I haven't tried a C in the Baby Bertha yet tho - I'll haveta try someday!

Our Michael's does not cary anything for rockets either - save painting supplies.

r1dermon

Reaction score
in a way its good i guess, it makes me go to the LHS and pick up some B's or a different delay or whatever...keeps them in business, the only other people who actually support the hobby.

KarlD

Reaction score
Originally posted by powderburner
I hope you did way more than kissed her

This deserves some flowers. This deserves a couple rounds of loading and unloading the dishwasher. This deserves taking her out to her favorite restaurant, and then to see a chick-flick.

Take very good care of *this* lady-----
I think she needs even more that a food run and a chick flick.

I think you need to sit her down and tell her how important she is to you and then tell her that you love her.....

Then the food run and the chick flick...

GL-P

Reaction score
You are one luck fella....

having a wife like that!!!:D :D :D

nomopbo

Reaction score
LUCKY DUCK! I have this family curse. I tried to marry out of it, but my wife just married into it. That stuff NEVER happens to me!

kelltym88

Reaction score
Very nice find. Treat her well. The motors aren't bad either, nice little bonus.