Motors for NAR eggloft altitude

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbaba13

Reaction score
Theoretically, can you use two G motors for the NAR Eggloft Altitude competition? I saw the rules and I saw that staging and clustering is allowed and you have to follow the model rocket safety code, but it didn't say anything specific about using multiple G motors. Can anybody clarify this?

Theoretically, can you use two G motors for the NAR Eggloft Altitude competition? I saw the rules and I saw that staging and clustering is allowed and you have to follow the model rocket safety code, but it didn't say anything specific about using multiple G motors. Can anybody clarify this?

You can fly up to 160 Nt-Sec. Total Impulse in G Impulse Class NAR events . . . There are no "Full G" motors, so a combination of two, or more, motors may be flown, as long as you do not exceed the 62.5 gram Propellant Wt. per motor or 125 gram Total Propellant Wt., while staying BELOW 160 Nt-Sec., MAXIMUM.

https://www.nar.org/SandT/pdf/CombinedMotorsByImpulse.pdf

I think that you are confusing the Model Rocket Safety Code, which does allow up to two G motors to be flown ( 320 Nt-Sec, 125gr Max. Total Propellant Wt.), with the G Impulse level ( 160 Nt-Sec. Max. ) events in NAR Competition.

Dave F.

Last edited:
Back