Motor size, help quick before sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roytyson

Reaction score
Ok, so my intent was to buy a 75/7680 motor for my Madcow Frenzy XL. I while I simmed it a while back, I looked again today and I will only have 7" for my chute. According to Rocketman, the chute I bought needs 7.5". I hate to admit, but I might just need to get a 74/6400 casing, which would give me 5 more inches of room.

What would you do? I suffer from, "stuff the biggest damn motor in it you can buy" disease....
upload_2018-11-21_15-13-23.png
upload_2018-11-21_15-14-2.png

What would you do? I suffer from, "stuff the biggest damn motor in it you can buy" disease.........

..any how I would stick with buying the larger motor. Especially if on sale...ya can always add spacers to fly many smaller loads!

Just add a section of coupler glued into a 12-18in. section of airframe. use 3 plastic removable rivets to hold in on fincan whenever you want to fly longer motors & remove it for short ones.

Is it a drogue parachute? could find a different parachute, if you already built it i would get a 6400 case.

A CTI 75MM 5 grain too, you can cross load aerotech 75MM into CTI hardware.

I am not sure I understand the problem. 7" is plenty of room for the drogue + shock cord. You aren't planning on putting the main dow there are you?

..any how I would stick with buying the larger motor. Especially if on sale...ya can always add spacers to fly many smaller loads!

Just add a section of coupler glued into a 12-18in. section of airframe. use 3 plastic removable rivets to hold in on fincan whenever you want to fly longer motors & remove it for short ones.

Another good CJ idea !!

I am not sure I understand the problem. 7" is plenty of room for the drogue + shock cord. You aren't planning on putting the main dow there are you?
My concern was Rocketman says folded size fo the chute is 7.5". That and along with the ejection charge being tight against the chute. I purchased a section of the body tube and 8" coupler to extend this form Madcow at the sale this morning. I will see how it all fits. Might just add it regardless and make a taller rocket.

Fly drogueless. The shock cord goes into the space around the motor. A small drogue will still fit above the motor if you must have one.

Back