• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motor Sets Galore!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Did some basement and workshop cleanup and found I have nearly HPR 100 cases/motors. This is crazy and so feel the need to share. Below are five combos of various types, ages and use; both commercial, but mostly research options. Price represents product only. Buyer pays shipping. The items will be shipped from my company location (Zip: 60563) at one of the lowest commercial rates possible through UPS, Fedex or USPS (lowest carrier option). If after you get the shipping quote, you don't want to go through with the transaction, that is fine. I will go on to the next buyer as appropriate. Please PM me expressing your interest by listing the specific item and providing your shipping zip code and whether that address is commercial or residential. If I say you are the first PM in, then give me a day or two to box and get a quote for the total with shipping. Then I prefer PayPal payment (dixontj936 at gmail dot com) to complete the transaction and get the item shipped. Thanks for looking.

First up is a complete Fisher 38mm and 54mm research set. Mike Fisher is known for his machining talent and it comes through in the hardware he sells. This set is nearly brand new with only the 2-grain 54mm motor being flown once. Comes with six motors 2, 4 and 6 grain respectively for the 38mm and 54mm sizes. Six matching graphite nozzles, forward closure for each size, nozzle washers and snap rings. A few o-rings are included for reference. Sold as a set for $300. [SOLD]

IMG_3170.jpg IMG_3174.jpg

Next is an oldie but goodie. Some early Industrial Solid Propulsion (ISP) 38mm cases. Serial numbers are from the early 90's (can be seen on pictures). Of course since a precursor to Aerotech and same specs, can be used at commercial launches. I have had these for some time purchased from an older rocketeer. He said he never used them, and now I haven't. Looking at the inside of the case, they do look brand new. Sizes are 38/240, 38/360 and 38/480. Sold as a set for $100, now $85. [SOLD]

IMG_3172.jpg IMG_3173.jpg

Next is a set of Aerotech compatible motors machined to spec and fully anodized by local machinist. As such, they should only be used as a research or mixed launch. I can say that I have used these for years and they are solid. Many flights, all successful. There are five cases and eight closures. There are a 29/180 and a 29/240 with two forward and two rear (small opening) closures, one 29/40-120 with front and rear closures, a 38/360 and a 38/480 with one forward and rear closure set. Overall a nice combo to get you across the G through I impulse range. Yes these are used and have some scratches outside plus dark marks and discoloration internally on a couple cases, but they work well and have always been cleaned thoroughly with CLP after every use. Sold as a set for $100. [SOLD]

IMG_3177.jpg IMG_3176.jpg

Next are brand new in the package Aerotech 24/40 motors. These sell for $27 to $35 retail. Priced at $25 each or $45 for both. [SOLD]

IMG_3179.jpg

Finally for your research enthusiasts here are some nice cases to play with. These are a complete set of 54mm Skyripper Hybrid Motor cases. As they are only cases, they are not sold for the hybrid application, but they would work well for some interesting research designs as they are in the longish range at: 36", 28.5" and 24" respectively. If you don't know, Skyripper made solid hardware. The anodizing looks great and standard spiral rings and snap rings work well in the cases. These again are brand new. Sold as a set for $200, now $175.

IMG_3180.jpg

Last edited:
Bump; still two brand new casing sets available.

Tempted to buy the Skyrippers to chop up into 54mm high velocity rockets, but I'd only be in for paying what raw stock goes for. Maybe someone out there wants to use them as they are...

Tempted to buy the Skyrippers to chop up into 54mm high velocity rockets, but I'd only be in for paying what raw stock goes for. Maybe someone out there wants to use them as they are...

That would be an extremely sad use for this nice hardware.

That would be an extremely sad use for this nice hardware.

I don't think you understand...the blue anodizing would be prominently displayed. Motor will be pinned, Fincan will slip over the motor and rest on a custom turned tailcone/aft closure utilizing a Loki phenolic/graphite nozzle. Nosecone is a FWFG cone that will be trimmed so that the major diameter is the same as the motor case and then press-fit and adhered to a matching machined taper shoulder. AIM Xtra 2.0 in the cone.

In other words, an East Coast waiver version of this: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...ket-Flight-to-63k-ft-M3-9&p=724644#post724644

Keep the set...

That's my inclination Johnnie. Just had duplicate 54mm cases, so thought I'd give others a chance if they wanted to do other things (research or Chuck's application previously mentioned), but at $160 way underpriced. I'll give it until midnight.

That's my inclination Johnnie. Just had duplicate 54mm cases, so thought I'd give others a chance if they wanted to do other things (research or Chuck's application previously mentioned), but at $160 way underpriced. I'll give it until midnight.

Actually no, changed my mind.

SALE CLOSED.

Back