Quantcast

Motor Retention Question (Aero Pack)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

BRC

Reaction score
Im building an EZI-65..I want to an Aero Pack positive retainer..DO I need the 54m retainer & the Adapter Assembly, 38-54mm to use 38MM engines..?? or just the Adapter Assembly, 38-54mm..?? :confused2: Thanks !!

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you need both. The basic retainer assembly will only retain a 54mm motor casing. So you need an adapter. You can probably use other adapters to get down to 38mm. But I really like the Aeropack system and would recommend it.

GaryT

Reaction score
You can't beat! the Aeropack system, If you build the EZI stock you can fly it with 29mm G's as well, get the 38 and the 29 reducers there WELL worth the money.

BTW, The EZI is a Great! flying Kit, Was my L1 Bird and I still fly it now, Converted it to DD though, Rips off the pad on a J315R, No glass or T2T needed.

als57

Reaction score
The Aeropack adapters are much nicer than the cardboard stuff. I just bought a couple myself.

Al

hardinlw

Reaction score
You need both the 54mm retainer and the 30-54mm adapter. Basically, the adapter will contain the 38mm motor and provide a flange that has the same dimensions as the aft closure on a 54mm engine. The 54mm retainer grabs that flange to hold the assembly in place.

BRC

Reaction score
Thanks fellas...I ordered them this morning and they already sent them out..WOW...Order some other stuff to beef up the EZI as well...Great forum, thanks again...

Hey just to be clear, I still need the casing(s) for the reloads as well, and it too slides in there..right ..?? :clap:

als57

Reaction score
Hey just to be clear, I still need the casing(s) for the reloads as well, and it too slides in there..right ..?? :clap:
You'll need the 29mm or 38mm motor for any smaller reloads you intend to fly.

Al

BRC

Reaction score
You'll need the 29mm or 38mm motor for any smaller reloads you intend to fly.

Al

Thanks....Just want to be sure, just want to buy the necessities once or twice !!

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just to be clear, yes, you need casings for the reloads. It is pretty obvious that the Aerotech reload kits "have to go in something." I heard a story of someone trying to fly a Cesaroni reload without the casing. Don't do that... :bangpan:

Bill P

Reaction score
Just to be clear, yes, you need casings for the reloads. It is pretty obvious that the Aerotech reload kits "have to go in something." I heard a story of someone trying to fly a Cesaroni reload without the casing. Don't do that... :bangpan:
That happens fairly often. I've seen it. It doesn't work well.

Bill P

Reaction score
The AeroPack retainer and their adaptors are first rate.

Daedalus

Reaction score
I heard a story of someone trying to fly a Cesaroni reload without the casing. Don't do that... :bangpan:
Seen it - not a pretty sight.

Looking at the Aeropak adapters myself as they seem to be the best quality solution on the market.

Latest posts