Motor Mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a company out there that makes a Micro Max motor mount that will fit an Estes BT5? I have a few smaller BT5 based rockets I'd like to adapt to MMX motors for backyard flying. I serched the obvious places (Fliskits, BMS,eRockets even Uncle Mikes) But didn't find what I was Looking for.
Thanks

I think with this tube
Semroc Body Tube BT-2 2.5" Long(1pk) SEM-BT-2-2.5 (erockets.biz)
And these centering rings
Semroc Centering Rings Fiber BT-2 to BT-5(2pk) RA-2-5 (erockets.biz)
you'll be able to make those motor mounts.
But double check on the tube specs. I think it's a MMX motor tube but not sure.
Also try contacting Eric or Ray at Fliskits. Eric mentioned once in a thread here to contact him if I needed Micromaxx parts, so I guess they may have some but not on their website.
EDIT: Changed from BT-1+ to BT-2.
Also I would buy the 18" long BT-2 tube and cut shorter motor tubes from that. More economical.
The BT-1+ sleeve fits into the BT-2 so you can cut short segments of that for your thrust ring
Whoops, ninja'd by Antares.

Last edited:
That's incorrect, the micro maxx motor mount is BT-2. I still recommend getting BT-1+ because you can cut small slices of it to make thrust rings with - it fits right into BT-2. BT-2 and BT-5 to BT-2 centering rings can also be found on erockets.biz.

Back