motor availability 29mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremevelocity

Reaction score
Hi I'm doing a L1 project and the only thing I can find here in Vancouver BC CANADA is the pro 38 1g or 2g.
Great stuff but way big for my Sprint design I've found.
What kind of 29 mm F-H engines are available?
I know Apogee have the Medalist F10-8 and I'm sure the rocket would perform awesome with it.
I can't get these shipped to Canada though:(
Mike

There are many reloads/single use for 29mm. IIRC, you can load up an E through a I200. (although most of the reload motors have a relatively high avarage thrust).

AT is producing some 29mm motors, i've heard. Check the Vendors forum.

Originally posted by RocketboyG80
As of now the companies I'm buying motors from are Great Lakes Hobbies and
Commonwealth Both take international orders I believe.

Oh, it would be so great if we could order from them. There are complications. In Canada, our BP and AP motors have to be approved by the Explosives Research Division of Natural Resources Canada. Aerotech has been required to re-test their motors that have been produced post accident. Apparently, they have done so and passed the tests recently. No sure word on when the motors will be available here, but it is looking more promising now than it has since the fire.

As for Extremevelocity's original question, you can bet that there will be notification on your local club's website when that happens. :)

Len Bryan

Hi Len I guess that would be your local club:)
I've ment to join BCRC for a while,it looks like I finally got a job so things are looking up for me:)
Mikey

Congratulations on getting a job. It's not easy around here.

Yes. I'm a member of the BCRC.
Keep your eyes on their website. There's a hybrid only launch coming up and I'm sure they will have more to come.

BTW, I am trying to get a local dealer and Aerotech together again after contacts were lost. If any good news happens, I'll post it here. We all want 29mm, and for that matter ALL Aerotech motors to be available again. I bought a load of hardware just before their accident. Now, I have CTI, West Coast Hybrids, and AT hardware. (Rattworks on the way)

Len Bryan

Mike,

If you have Aerotech motors available, the 29mm H motor reloads are both very reasonable in cost, actually cheaper than "F" single use, and fly well.

Carl

HI Carl I wish but there is some red flag involved :(
It will be a while before we can get them.
I was thinking doing a day trip across the border since it's only 1/2hr away from my house.
It's allowed to import motors yourself but I'm not sure if bringing in Aerotech motors to Canada would be in violation with regulations at the moment?
Mike

Back