Motor Adaptors, Motor Adaptors, Motor Adaptors...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopy

Reaction score
Okay - question. What kinds of motor adaptors do you guys use - specifically 38-29mm? I want one with a thrust ring so I don't have to mess with that, but not sure where to go...Thanks!

Loopy

I bought one from Ken at Performance Hobbies. I've also made my own. The one I bought was worth what I paid for it because I didn't have to be bothered with building it.

I like the ones from Giant Leap. They include a phenolic tube wide phenolic centering rings, and a phenolic thrust ring. I have one with a motor block installed for G80-sized motors, and one with no block for longer motors. I think they also make 54-38 adapters using the same construction.

I have a loc precision one. It works great. Just make sure that thrust ring is attached well, if it comes off it isn't good, as I am sure Doug can attest too

Yeah... that was a doosey. The Thrust ring on the adapter let go... and the J shot up into the rocket... blew it in half... and then the airstarts ignited.... Coolest landshark I ever seen :(

Post 1998 - Year I graduated from High School. Moved to NH from PA.

I use the slimeline adaptors from giant leap. They mate perfectly with the slimeline retainers, makes changing motor sizes a snap.

Originally posted by thomasrau
I use the slimeline adaptors from giant leap. They mate perfectly with the slimeline retainers, makes changing motor sizes a snap.

I also will vouch for the Aero Pack 29/38 adapter when used with the Aero Pack 38mm retainer. Pricey, but solid & so easy to use!

Originally posted by lalligood
I also will vouch for the Aero Pack 29/38 adapter when used with the Aero Pack 38mm retainer. Pricey, but solid & so easy to use!

On future rockets, I plan on going that route, but the current rocket I need this for is not outfitted with Aero Pack, and I don't have enough exposed motor tube to retrofit, unfortunately. I think I'm going PML. I had a LOC, and it failed, so I'll try PML this time.

Loopy

Back