Motor Adapter Thread - Discuss and Show Off Yours!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRThro

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the rebirth of TRF, we've lost all of the nice threads about making motor adapters to allow the use of smaller diameter motors than a particular rocket was designed for.

It's a pretty simple concept, but well worth discussing.

So discuss! And show us your pictures!

John... Maybe start a thread thats titled "Post Pictures Of Your Paint Drying"... It might get more response.:D:D:D

My motor adapters are usually pretty ugly and I have never thought to take a picture of them... Sorry:(

My motor adapters are usually pretty ugly and I have never thought to take a picture of them... Sorry:(
I did take a picture of one of my adapters because someone wanted to see one.

This one is for flying 18mm motors in a 24mm mount. It's pretty basic.

24mm_18mm_adapter.JPG

Last edited:
I thought this might be a useful thread for some of the newer or less experienced people here. Some of them have probably never even heard of such a thing. Why, I remember way back in ought-four, when I was very new and, indeed, *had* never heard of such a thing.

Bob, thanks for posting your adapter picture.

Scott, pictures of your paint drying would be better-looking and more interesting than a fully-documented build thread from me, so... let's see some paint pictures! ;)

Mark, thanks for those links.

13mm. adapter for my Starlight Sparrow. The MM tube makes contact with the nose cone. It is cut to the correct length so that the motor nozzles are in the same position.

13mm Adapter.JPG

13mm Adapter 2.JPG

13mm. adapter for my Starlight Sparrow. The MM tube makes contact with the nose cone. It is cut to the correct length so that the motor nozzles are in the same position.
NAR sanctioned friendly. Neat!!
Mr. Bob
Starlight guy

Back