Motels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Does any one know if one can dispute a motel charge on a credit card? We ended checking out at about 10:00 PM due to noise. They refused to credit me that day but did the other 3 days I had booked. I did a much nicer place about 6 miles closer to Kennedy Space Center though. It is a Super 8 that was not listed on the net.

You checked in, so you might owe for that day. It depends on what was printed on your check-in sheet that you signed. Once you check in an get in the room, even if you don't stay, they still have to send the maids through, so most places have a non-refundable one day charge if you check in.

Did you talk to the day manager? He's usually the guy in charge and can make refunds the night/weekend desk clerks can't. Might be worth a phone call.

Most places are pretty good about keeping customers happy. A bad review on the internet site can go a long ways sometimes for that very reason.

You can try to dispute it through your credit card company. If it doesn't work out, you'll have to pay the bill. You'll be no worse off then you are now and who knows, you might get the money back.

Last edited:
That is sort of what I figured. The only thing that would have made it worse is if they called the cops on me when I went to the office. It got pretty heated between me and the live in manager. I am a big guy and I was pi##ed. The wife had found the place listed in one of those coupon books you get at a rest stop. I wish we would have just drove around and found a place like we ended up doing.

Back