More military rocket plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slickwilly

Reaction score
I found a few more. The sprite is in the finishing stage and I will let you all know how she flies in the spring.
The two stage terrier is an experimental design with a streamer ejection tube in booster with holes in the stuffer tube because the booster is ballistic. If you have any ideas about how to improve the design I would appreciate.:)
The bull pup I built back in the 90's and she flies great. Enjoy!

View attachment Scratch Bull Pup.rkt

View attachment Scratch scale Phoenix.rkt

View attachment Scratch Upscale Sprite.rkt

View attachment Scratch_Rim-2 Terrier (2 stage).rkt

I always appreciate seeing a Sprite upscale. When I was a kid, it was my favorite rocket in my little fleet. I know that one day I will build an upscale (or a series of them) of it too. But I never knew that it was a military design! :D

Just kidding, Slickwilly. Welcome to the nuthou--, I mean, the forum!

MarkII

Last edited:
I loved the sprite too when I was a kid. I remember ordering one and I had to fix the fins constantly, but it looked so cool. Back in the 60's we had to mail order from estes and it would take 2 wks. to get your stuff. I remember running to check the mail every day, but it was worth the wait. Those were the days we would share one launcher that had a long wire with a doorbell button hooked up to a car battery.:)
The upscale I posted took a while to figure out what to use for a tail ring because I wanted to keep it as close to scale as possible. I was looking around in the garage and noticed I had plastic 1 gal. paint cans and pulled out the tape measure and sure enough it was real close to the dia. I needed. All I need to do to it is paint and attach ring. It was a blast from the past to build.

I loved the sprite too when I was a kid. I remember ordering one and I had to fix the fins constantly, but it looked so cool. Back in the 60's we had to mail order from estes and it would take 2 wks. to get your stuff. I remember running to check the mail every day, but it was worth the wait.
Yup, that's the period when I had mine, too. (I flew model rockets from 1967 to 1971.) I know EXACTLY what you mean about waiting for that mail order package to arrive! :cheers:

Of course, I still do that even today! :D

As for launchers, see posts 13 and 14 in this thread on YORF.

MarkII

Last edited:
Back