More launch photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one you don't recognize kinda looks like an Executioner.

Loopy

Hey there Mr SecretSquirrel I see you launched a couple of X-24's. I did the same thing Sunday, but only with one. How did they fly? I was happy with mine but only put it up one time on a A8-3.:D

My question, did you put the launch lug exactly where the plans said to? It looked to me like it the body would rub the launch rod so I put mine out a bit and set it up so the nose cone looked straight up, instead of a angle. Just wondering, I was real happy with mine.

CrashinJ

I've been very happy with the Bug. I'm getting very good glides out of them. I like putting them up on C6-3's. I wouldn't have thought an A8-3 would get it up very high. There's alot of drag in the design.

I'm getting a minor ammount of rubbing on the body, but only in an area about the size of two pin heads.

I like putting the launch lug in according to the directions. A friend built the Bug on the left and put the launch lug in so the nose was straight up on the pad. Mine is on the right and has the lug attached according to the instructions and sits at an angle on the pad. As you can see in this photo, it does seem to make a difference on how fast the Bug comes off the pad.

Back