More Key Chain Camera Fun!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Night Tripper

Reaction score
We taped my key chain video cam on my friend, George Gassaway's R/C boost glider. An approaching storm made the footage all the more awesome!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MGl6x-l6dfg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MGl6x-l6dfg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That was outstanding.

Can you give us some details on the keychain vidcam? Where did you get it?

Again, really super.

I'm assuming George had the stix on that one. Good job on aiming the camera to take in all the detail: incoming storm, scenery, the launch site.

I particularly liked the inside loop.

Yep, the flying was all George. I've never flown a glider. I purchased a couple of these cameras on ebay, for five bucks a piece, from a seller called "for-easy-life", out of Hong Kong. I plan on buying more soon. I'm very pleased with the picture quality.

DSCF2725.jpg

DSCF2722.jpg

DSCF2721.jpg

The model is an S8E-P R/C Rocket Glider. Boosted on a D7 reload, to about 350-400 feet.

Attached are pics of the approaching "weather event" that the model flew into a few minutes later. The last one is a panorama stitched together, made by Blake Driskill.

- George Gassaway

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9182.jpg

panorama.jpg

Great video, especially with the weather front. I was surprised at how quiet the boost was. Very interesting to hear the difference in wind noise when he built up speed for the loop and how quiet it got at the top of the loop.

I ordered a camera like this from eBay last week. Looking forward to trying it out.

How did the weather affect the flying? Was there significant updraft? It looked to me like the glider was still climbing after the boost. Thermal updraft or something.

Way cool!

That has got to be one of the coolest things I`ve seen for awhile....outstanding !!
I must get some of those cameras.

Paul

Back