More fun downscaling

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a threaded motor retainer for 18mm motors. Like the Estes 29mm and 24mm.

The two parts are at the bottom. Another two are shown on a BT20 motor mount tube. And a B6-4 with a tape ring is at the top, for scale.

Would you be interested in shipping some out, and/or sending the related files?

Did you match the Estes retainers for bt55 / bt60 booster compatibility?

If not, any interest there?

Jim, it's certainly more for looks than performance. I don't have any standard engine hooks, or the fine balance handy, but an E engine hook on the kitchen balance says 1g.

dhb, the files came from one of the common part sharing site. Not, thingiverse, if I recall correctly.

100% for 29mm, 82% for 24mm, 61% for 18mm. Trying 45% next :)

They take about 20 minutes of finishing with needle files to get to thread smoothly.

I don't have the solidworks skills to try making a matching staging adapter - but I did think of it, too. I'm going to take examples to my coworker who's printing them for me, and see if his boy (grown, supposedly skilled in the art of solidworks) can make matching staging nuts.

I think this is the part from Thingiverse, simply scaled as noted above.

I think the niftiest part is the thaw 18mm size works with the staging adapters. The 29mm size isn't compatible with the Estes - the tread's a different pitch.

I think this is the part from Thingiverse, simply scaled as noted above.

I think the niftiest part is the thaw 18mm size works with the staging adapters. The 29mm size isn't compatible with the Estes - the tread's a different pitch.

Makes sense. I'll probably switch all further models over to this unified design, as the 29mm ps2 booster staging is all coupler-based.

Back