More fleet pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you get that 2 stage misquito back you will officially be proclamed the luckiest person ever

Wondering..... has anyone built a highpower skeeter upscale yet? Be nice to see one built on a 4" airframe launched on a J350..... of course it probably wouldn't be tumble recovery.....:D

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
if you get that 2 stage misquito back you will officially be proclamed the luckiest person ever

No kidding! Launching a Mosquito on A10 power ALONE is more than enough to lose the bird. :)

This is an interesting thought, actually...what does a "recovery system" really mean in a rocket like a Mosquito? I mean, yes of course, it "recovers" by tumble recovery and that satisfies two of the requirements (the rocket itself, and innocent bystanders, are unlikely to get hurt when it lands), but can it really be called a "recovery" system if you have little hope of actually getting the rocket back?

I wonder what we could invent to improve the odds of recovering a Mosquito?

Dayglo paint jobs might help, but I'm thinking something more drastic might be needed. Like a on-board loud beeper and battery in a stretched nose cone or something.

Just thinking out loud.

Originally posted by LarryH
Wondering..... has anyone built a highpower skeeter upscale yet? Be nice to see one built on a 4" airframe launched on a J350..... of course it probably wouldn't be tumble recovery.....:D

Have you seen Skunk Works' Skeeter - 5.5" ? She'll take up through K motors :)

I haven't seen her fly personally, but she sure is purty up close. Andy's fibreglass jobs are terrific. The nose and BT come pre-glassed, BTW.

Thanks.

can somone give me the dimensions of the misquito? i have 12 feet of cardboard tube beggin to be used and i might as well make a d upscale of it just for the hell of it...

Have you seen Skunk Works' Skeeter - 5.5" ? She'll take up through K motors

Nope, first I've seen of it, good to see that someone out there's thinkin'! :D

I'm working on a 4.7x upscale which is just a BT80 size mosquito.
It's just a bit longer than a Fat Boy. So far, I've only got the fins cut out, so still some work to do yet.
I decided to this because I really enjoy my Fat Boy, but it is stock and needs more power, so I was going to build another Fat Boy with 24mm motor mount. But then I thought; hey why built another Fat Boy when I could do a Mosquito upscale.
So it won't be high power, but will be big compared to the original. It should be cool to see on an Estes E.
I'll start a thread when it's done.

Tim

That 2 stage Mosquito is AWESOME ... lol. As is the Skunk works "Skeeter" .... can't wait to see your version either Tim !

pdooley .... your fleet looks like it's coming along pretty good !

Back