More eBay silliness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have in the past, but it was only after contacting the seller directly to find out more details about the product, package condition, etc, to get a feel for his responsiveness and access to proper shipping means.

Saw a product once that I was interested in, and the guy was very forthright about saying that he lived in booneyville and only got to town once every 2 weeks, and he'd ship it then. He had no idea what shipping costs would be, either. I didn't bid.

WW

Originally posted by Juaru
I sometimes sell rockets on Ebay.

It is good to hear about an unselfish vendor with some integrity and with real interest in the hobby. Keep it up! I am proud to have you with us here on TRF!

Originally posted by Skye
NOTE the seller does not have any feedback !!!

Do you buy from people that dont have feed back on E-Bay???

I dont.

Interesting question and interesting problem...

I will on occation, and I certainly hope others do as well. If everybody made the decision to never purchase from someone without feedback, then Ebay would not exist nor grow cuz *everyone* starts out with zero feedback...

I have in the past but I do not do it anymore if I dont have to.
I will buy from somebody else with feedback ,and let other people build up the person with out any feedback.I know everybody has to start out that way I did, but I have been burnt by people that has no feedback! I have then found out they have been on e-bay for a long time but just keep changing there identity.This is why I dont buy from No feedback people.

That guy, Toadilypurple, who bid $130 on that thing REALLY needs help. I won 2 auctions for an Estes Solar Probe a couple of months ago from this one seller. He had obviously come across a bunch of kits and was letting them go all at once. He did not offer insurance so I begged him to package them well. He basically sent them in something the same size and strength as a shirt box. When I got it it looked like it had been folded in half, both kits were destroyed. After a brief email volley with the seller I got a refund and sent the models back. A week later 2 Solar Probes were up again from the same seller. I'll bet they were the two crushed ones. Toadilypurple was on them. I warned him that they might be badly damaged. I think he won one of them and I never heard from him again, no thank you no nothing. Sometimes I think people HAVE to learn by their mistakes.

Originally posted by not a lib
ALL I WANT IS SOME "DETONATORS"! FILL IT WITH HYDROGEN(NOT AIR) & 3-2-1 DENTONATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COOL!:D

Better yet...Hydrogen/oxygen mixture. BIG BOOM!!!

OH, MAN! Did I just have an idea!!!

Estes Dude ...plus...Estes Hydrogen Rocket..equals~~~Hindenberg!:eek:

NOTE the seller does not have any feedback !!!

Do you buy from people that dont have feed back on E-Bay???

I dont.

Last item I bought from someone with zero feedback was a low-ball bid I made for 2 rockets for $0.99, shipping $6.00.

I figured for $6.99 it was worth the risk.

The brand new rockets arrived beautifully packaged in perfect shape.

What kind of rockets?

2 Dudes. :D

Yes, there really was a locomotive called "Rocket, built by George Stephenson. (The e-Bay article even explains why he gave the locomotive that name!)

Here's a BBC article about it. There's even a little animation showing how the Rocket worked, and a game for you to build a Rocket. ;)

However, the idea of building a free-wheeling model train and attaching a D class motor to it does have some appeal. Like a rocket car, only on rails. :D

Originally posted by adrian
However, the idea of building a free-wheeling model train and attaching a D class motor to it does have some appeal. Like a rocket car, only on rails. :D

Why settle for D class? Why not go for something like the China Lake Rocket Sled. It even comes complete with Mach Diamonds, for those visiting from another thread.

WW

OK, I've just got to add this one to the mix.

Model Rocket $89 Buy It Now $120

Description
This auction is for one model rocket, and tree rocket engines. Its not in original package, but i have the instructions and original pieces. Will not ship outside the U.S.

No picture, or further description was offered.

I found this so intriguing, especially the rocket engines specifically designed to find trees, that I wrote requesting further information.

The response: the rocket is a spitfire ssi, and the engines r cobra c6-5

OK. What we're offering is 1/2 of the rockets in the Mega Maxx starter set, no launch pad, no launcher, and a package of C6-5 engines. All for the low low price of $89. :confused:

Or should I Buy It Now for just $30 more? :D

Back