More Ebay Madness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"not to be sold to children under 18"

SOMEBODY STOP THOSE KIDS ON THE FRONT OF THE BOX!!! IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Check out the other items that this guy has currently listed, it is obvious that he just happens to have a model rocket and he is not into rocketry either as a hobby or a main product line.

This guy probably saw the recent TV commercial and now thinks that model rockets blow stuff up. I'll bet that if you told him they could reach the moon, he would try to sell THAT on ebay too.

Well, at least he listens reasonably well when people confront him about his silly auction. Here is a copy of the response I got:

Sent : Friday, April 30, 2004 10:10 PM
To : [email protected]
Subject : Re: Question from eBay Member: BUILD YOUR OWN ROCKET KIT REAL EXPLOSION NIB

Hello,

This is quite ridiculous. The explosion part was never listed anywhere in the actual auction and if you read the auction again you will see that it says nothing about it and that it explodes. I simply used that for keyword purposes. I do apologize if I have offended an people who are of this hobby. My listing is very vague and figured that other people in this hobby would know what this product does. So I ended the listing early due to the emails you and your friends sent me. Dont want to offend anyone? You people owe me .30 for the harrassment. Happy now?

Thank You,
BBBS OF WESTCHESTER, NY

I think he's collected that 30¢ a couple of times already. I also know at least one person offered to buy the item outright so that the seller wouldn't lose anything.

Back