More cloning at the secret lab

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
I have been busy cloning lately.

The first is an MPC Pipsqueak: A 13mm powered altitude bird. Yes, that BT is only 4" long. Most parts are genuine NOS MPC spare parts (even the decals) . The NC is a BMS custom,

The second is a Centuri Astro-1. This was Centuri's version of the Alpha.... a 3FNC starter kit bird.

Part are all cloned: NC is a Moldin Oldies, and decals are ALPS custom.

I was just all ESTES'ed out this week....

Thanks. For the Astro-1, I was slavish to the mid 1970's catalog photos. The fins are outlined with 1/16th" wide black decal stripes as per the catalogs. This covers up Centuri's (and my) poor masking job!!.

Pretty cool, Astro :)

The Pipsqueak is neat, and I really like the markings on the Astro. Good stuff man :)

Regards,
Todd

man that is a NICE paint job on the Astro-1!!! awesome! great job, take a bow!

Cliff

very nice, I personally like the pipsqueak. I built a rocket like that and flew it on a C11. It really went high. I lost it but it was a cool flight

I have 2 kits and three scratchbuilds in the work at this time, so another clone will probably be started about Wednesday or so unless I get impatient.... again!!! :rolleyes:

Very nice clones. I admit I never liked the Astro as a kid (my loyalty was to Estes), but it's grown on me since BARdom. Nice and simple design.
Drew Tomko

As a kid I did not like it either. I wdid not even know that there were any other companies that made mod rocs until 1974!!

:eek:

I collect Alphas. Since just about every rocket company has or had its 'Alpha' 3fnc, I figured I should try to build them as well....

I also really love, and collect vintage 'kid built' Alphas. I have several old BNC versions in various states of paint/non paint, one with the fins on upside down!!

Back