Moonbug 2 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! Really nice build & finish! Great job! I like your ring fin attachment method, and am looking forward to the flight report!
I'll have to get back to mine!

Finished my version of grapetang's Moon Bug 2 today. Actually still need to put launch lugs on it but its basically finished. Thanks grapetang for a cool design.View attachment 403269
Flew it for the first time yesterday on a B6-4, nice straight boost to between 300-400 feet. The parachute failed to deploy fully but the nose cone was off so it tumbled down to a mostly safe landing slightly squishing a tube fin, no big deal. The model required zero noseweight, and was very stable. Nice design @grapetang .

Edit: Now its time to do a 4" and 7.5" upscale :ghosty:

Sorry to hear about the squished tube fin but that's awesome that you flew it! Thanks for the design compliment (I *do* try!) and for building your version of it. If my original stubby version does well, I want to do a 2.6" upscale too!

Sorry to hear about the squished tube fin but that's awesome that you flew it! Thanks for the design compliment (I *do* try!) and for building your version of it. If my original stubby version does well, I want to do a 2.6" upscale too!
In the future, I think that the tube fins and ring fin will be two layer so they are just a bit stiffer, BT60 is pretty lightweight, or use 38mm HPR for the fins.

Back