MOO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know some sheeple will really take a bleating when we get their goat. The chickens will soon be shelling those pigs.

I thought there was a bray of hope we’d get out of this thread with no more terrible barnyard puns but we’re out of cluck.

I quail at the sight of these jokes.
You guys sure are squeezing every last drop out.
Especially a turkey like that one*. But, well pluck it, I must admit to being one of the ever-pheasant punsters, always willing to make an ass of myself.

* (Sorry, no offense meant. It was just there. I'm only hoarsing around. Just a yoke.)

He was probably feeling a little...

sheepish.

Maybe he just couldn't hendle it. Or felt in oeuf-er his head.

OK, I'm done being a ham (for now).

Okay, I have to do it. I don't want to, but I have to, now.

There were two young guys in Oklahoma, Clem and Sam, who enjoyed cow tipping. One day Clem told Sam about a special cow to which they could travel by night to tip. In fact, this cow was so special that it was called a "Rarie."

Sam was all in, so they left at dusk, walked over several hills, through a prairie, up a cliff, across a river, through the woods, and around a lake. Finally, Sam said, "Man, you didn't tell me we would have to walk so far!"

Clem said, "Oh, didn't you know? It's a long way to tip a Rarie!"

I quail at the sight of these jokes.Especially a turkey like that one*. But, well pluck it, I must admit to being one of the ever-pheasant punsters, always willing to make an ass of myself.

* (Sorry, no offense meant. It was just there. I'm only hoarsing around. Just a yoke.)

I'm so glad there's someone like you that can answer any questions I ox without going off half-cocked. You're not going to crow about it or go with any low blows. Definitely not going to be a cattle-tail with the farmer.

Oh, come on! We know that the CG has to pass 45 degrees to get her all the way over!

No, it doesn't. The cow just have to tip far enough for the vertical projection of the CG to fall outside the area on the ground enclosed by the hooves. A cow's hooves are surprisingly close together laterally, so I shouldn't be a bit surprised if 15 to 20 degrees is a sufficient angle.

Of course, we all know that felines are far more stable on their feet. So...

A cat'll take a larger angle to tip than a cattle.

No, it doesn't. The cow just have to tip far enough for the vertical projection of the CG to fall outside the area on the ground enclosed by the hooves. A cow's hooves are surprisingly close together laterally, so I shouldn't be a bit surprised if 15 to 20 degrees is a sufficient angle.

Of course, we all know that felines are far more stable on their feet. So...

A cat'll take a larger angle to tip than a cattle.

Turns out I was wrong. :oops: You need to tip a cow to about 24 degrees (or 44% gradient) to get the CG over the far side hooves (https://modernfarmer.com/2013/09/cow-tipping-myth-or-bullcrap/). Therefore, One should generally tip cows at least 50% to be sure.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled pun round.

Back