• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Molded Plastic Sections for #2013 Recruiter / #2054 Beta Launch Vehicle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COSTransplant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
All --

I have assembled all the parts to build the #2013 Recruiter except for -- of course -- the molded plastic sections that make up the nose cone, the transition and the exhaust nozzle. Anyone out there have one of these moulded plastic sections lying around or know where to get one? Please and thanks!

JP.

I have a built recruiter from the 90’s and a 3D printer. If no one here is able to help, I might be able to replicate the parts for you.

I've attached the Rocksim and converted OpenRocket ork files. If you have a mate with a printer, there's nothing difficult in printing any of those parts. Which is probably the easiest way to get them. Happy to generate the stl files for the parts if you need them.
Norm

Attachments

• Recruiter - Estes 2013.ork
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Recruiter - Estes 2013.rkt
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
Norman --

Thank you for these files. I am ignorant when it comes to the specifics of 3D printing, so if you can (easily) generate the files, I do have a friend that is able to print them for me. I really do appreciate the assist.

v/r,

John.

Give me a couple of days and poke me if I forget. :) Do you know the specific tubes you'll use? Can you use open rocket to check the tube sizes in the simulation?

Norm

Sizes are based on Apogee BT sizes for tube sizes.

Attachments

• Estes RecruiterNose.stl
    442.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Estes Recruiter transition BT55-60.stl
    570 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The moulded plastic section looks like this:

View attachment 566706
This nosecone is closer to the picture and has a straight section at the top. The OR sim I found had a tapered section completely at the top and that was done for the first one I did. Your choice.
1678141046961.png

Attachments

• Estes RecruiterNoseV2.stl
    528 KB · Views: 0
I have a built recruiter from the 90’s and a 3D printer. If no one here is able to help, I might be able to replicate the parts for you.
Could you flick me a photo of the nose, transition and exhaust nozzle with a preferably metric ruler against them so I can confirm the sizes. Thanks

View attachment 566873
Something like this for the nose to fit into BT55
The nosecone has a straight section just above the nose cone shoulder, then the transition to the long taper, and finally the tip. The image you posted looks like what should be a straight section is a shoulder. The straight section is 10mm long. I just happen to have one within arms reach of my computer desk.

The nosecone has a straight section just above the nose cone shoulder, then the transition to the long taper, and finally the tip. The image you posted looks like what should be a straight section is a shoulder. The straight section is 10mm long. I just happen to have one within arms reach of my computer desk.
Thanks for that Rich, I'll update it. :( :)

Rear nozzleV3 with BT-60 mating section. 18mm ID 19mmOD tube(BT-20) should fit through it.
1678171510684.png

Attachments

• Estes Recruiter Nozzle ExhaustV3.stl
    679.3 KB · Views: 0
Norman --

I get that 100 percent! It's midnight and I am at my computer talking rockets with folks. Doh! I'm sure I will hear about it as soon as I climb into bed! Anyways, your effort is sincerly appreciated.

v/r,

JP.

I got these two parts -- the nose cone and exhaust -- printed by Josh at ImagineLab3D on Etsy. I have used him many times now for many of my needed parts. I think they turned out great, and they cost me less than $20 bucks. Thanks everyone for the design help! Now I have to come up with a custom paint scheme for the rocket so that I can make it a "Recruiter" for my recruiter wife and the small woman-owned defense company Boecore that she works for here in Colorado Springs.

Recruiter Nose Cone and Exhaust.jpg

Back