• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Molded Plastic Sections for #2013 Recruiter / #2054 Beta Launch Vehicle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) No, I have that as well, I just didn't take a new picture with the transition. All three pieces turned out fantastic and were less than $20 total. So anyone wanting to build an Estes Recruiter can buy the three parts from Josh at ImagineLab3D on Etsy -- or now print them themselves -- buy the two body tubes, and cut out the six fins and have a complete kit for a pretty affordable price.

Estes Recruiter.jpg

Nice looking clone.
I also built one a few years ago using the molded resin cone and transition from Sirius Rocketrys' Moldin' Oldies set.
The plastic nozzle was a spare from another kit I think.
Too bad Dave isn't selling those currently.
https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/moldin-oldies-pnc-72701-852.htmlTwo Recruiter clones.
Left: Centuri
Right: Estes
0325231611[1].jpg

Norman --

Can you check please when you have a chance. The picture above seems to show a ~2.5mm transition at the top and bottom of the middle (visible) part of the transition piece, but the file you sent that I had printed does not show that little bit of a transition. I have attached what printed -- which looks a bit different than the above picture. I know beggars can't be choosers, but I am sure that you want this piece perfect as well (for future use by others). In the picture attached, the original is on the left and the new piece is on the right.

Thoughts?

Recruiter Transition Comparison.jpg

Looks like I made the changes but didn't render it again before exporting the stl file. Here's the correctly rendered one.
If you want to look at an stl file, just install Cura. It's the slicing software for printing. FREE..... and pretty good. Versions are available for all standard operating systems.

Attachments

• Estes Recruiter transition BT55-60V4.stl
    911.7 KB · Views: 0
Back