Molded Nose Cone Loop Failure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkyflyer14

🚀
Reaction score
Most people I know, myself included, will drill seperate holes in the nose cone for line attachment, foregoing the included molded loop. This seems like a good idea in general, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I am wondering though, has anyone ever used the molded loop and had it break? Lets hear some good stories!

Saw a V2 model, about 3" BT with lots of weight in the nose launch. Chute came out fine but nose cone plastic loop broke and nose came down by itself. Chute was on shock cord so rest of rocket landed safely.

I think I may have seen a few more flights when the plastic loop broke but don't remember specifics.

Had a fellow trying his L2. I was the prefect, and it was my fault; I didn't check the connection to the nose cone or I'd have told him that that loop isn't secure.

Somewhere lost in the Lucerne Valley Dry Lakebed is my 38mm White Wolf nose cone... broken loop. "It's just a LPR motor..."

Back