Modified LOC Precision IRIS F67-6W On Apogee Small Airfoiled Rail Buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question also. I just completed an Iris loc park flier, and hope to fly it next week. Running sims to see what to fly it on. Seems to be a well made kit.

My question also. I just completed an Iris loc park flier, and hope to fly it next week. Running sims to see what to fly it on. Seems to be a well made kit.
I have a Park Flyer IQSY and it's a great. I just ordered a 2.26" BBX too. I am a sucker for sounding rockets.

Hard to tell from the pick but is that one of their park fliers?

Sorry for the delay in replying as this build was my first LOC Precision kit and the term "Park Flyer" was unknown to me.

As I now understand the term this kit is not a "Park Flyer" The build data is as follows:

Length 43.75" OD 2.26" Dry Weight 714 g Span Diameter 8.26". Standard Kit sold by eRockets. Mass included a Jolly Logic Altimeter 2 and a Flight Sketch Mini as back up as well a Jolly Logic Chute Release. The kit was modified with a 12" Aerotech 29mm Motor tube with an Aerotech Labyrinth Ejection Gas system. (Also used the 6 X 6 Parachute Blast Protector).

Nope, it's one of their 2.26" birds. IMO that's the single greatest tube LOC has. It's rigid and light and very durable. The red rocket in my avatar is a Nuke Promax, same tube and about the same length. Only it has a 38mm mount.

Sounds like you have yours set up very close to how I intend to build my 2.26" BBX. I think the 29mm is a good call. Plenty of performance on large H's but still an affordable sport flyer on F's and G's. Post some more pics when you get a chance, looks like a clean build.

Nope, it's one of their 2.26" birds. IMO that's the single greatest tube LOC has. It's rigid and light and very durable. The red rocket in my avatar is a Nuke Promax, same tube and about the same length. Only it has a 38mm mount.

Sounds like you have yours set up very close to how I intend to build my 2.26" BBX. I think the 29mm is a good call. Plenty of performance on large H's but still an affordable sport flyer on F's and G's. Post some more pics when you get a chance, looks like a clean build.

Thanks for the post. Your analysis was spot on! Here are a few more photographs for comparison.IMG_1161.jpgIMG_1143.jpg

Back