Quantcast

Moderator or dictator?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikus

Reaction score
How does this add to a positive resolution of this situation? How does this add to a difficult conversation? If you have a problem with someone I would suggest you use a PM.
How does non-acknowledgement and "sweeping (it) under the rug" help? It's been well-known for a long time that some of the rocketry forums play favorites with their members.

I didn't pile on the thread in question because I never subscribed and didn't lose any money. But this incident would appear to validate my previous statement wouldn't it? :confused2:

*got Luke's back* ;)

Fred22

Reaction score
That is exactly it, and in a way it is an attempt to defuse the situation with

A LITTLE HUMOR, FOLKS!!

sheesh!
I agree this is us i guess :)[YOUTUBE]CSe38dzJYkY[/YOUTUBE]
Hope i did that right. I like the big floppy hat myself :)
Cheers
fred

Fred22

Reaction score
How does non-acknowledgement and "sweeping (it) under the rug" help? It's been well-known for a long time that some of the rocketry forums play favorites with their members.

I didn't pile on the thread in question because I never subscribed and didn't lose any money. But this incident would appear to validate my previous statement wouldn't it? :confused2:

*got Luke's back* ;)
How is it sweeping it under the rug with 50 responces and over 1800 views before it was ended? You can also still read the entire thread.I am glad you're supporting your friend but with all due respect I would suggest examining the facts.
Cheers
fred

mperdue

Reaction score
It should be noted that Mark Mayfield is still very much in business and is active in a number of publishing forums on the Internet. What's so damaging about closing a thread where the mod gets the last word is that his comments can't be refuted. So despite what Bob said about MM Publishing no longer being in business- it is simply not true.
You are a real piece of work and, as usual, you are wrong.

mperdue

Reaction score
I guess this is to mean that he is not in the publishing business or no longer self-employed in the publishing business?

N
It means that Mark is no longer publishing a magazine - any magazine. Do you really think that he should have to give up his livelihood because he had a business fail? Are you and Pat suggesting that he can no longer write anything? The magazine folded - get over it.

Moderators - why is it OK for Pat to resurrect a closed thread here? Don't you have some rules against that?

RangerStl

Reaction score
It means that Mark is no longer publishing a magazine - any magazine. Do you really think that he should have to give up his livelihood because he had a business fail? Are you and Pat suggesting that he can no longer write anything? The magazine folded - get over it.

Moderators - why is it OK for Pat to resurrect a closed thread here? Don't you have some rules against that?
I didn't intend to suggest anything.

The way it is right now there are two positions stated with equal conviction. Escalating things with higher and higher injections of assertiveness will not resolve this. So either it gets left alone as an unfortunate disagreement with readers free to do independent research on the matter, or it gets further debated, escalated and consequently removed/locked.

The key is in your own statement, knowing when to let go and let it work itself out.

Last edited:

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
We're not going to reinvent an already closed thread under a new title.

Closed. Done. Over. Move along.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.