Moderaters moving post

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

shrox

Reaction score
I understand this is a moderated dicussion group, but I really don't see the need to be moving posts from the author's chosen subject. Like talking about mid-power rockets, then having the post moved from mid-power rockets to vendors. If I wanted it in vendors, I would have posted it there! Maybe I wish to talk about things are not ready to be "officially" announced.

Here is the vendor catagory description:
"Vendors-
Give vendors your feedback on their products and customer support. Remember that the vendors who are represented here have taken their time to support this forum. Please show them the respect and dignity they deserve."

That is fine and all, but it says nothing about vendors must post under vendors to discuss anything new. The only place I see to sell anything is under "Yard Sale".

shrox

A

Austin

Shrox,

Any and all announcements, whether a sneak peak, unconfirmed or actual release should go in the Vendors section. If you read some of the threads in there, you will see it full of Announcements from Joe Burger of Aerotech, Fly Silverrad, Fliskits, etc... The Yard Sale category is more for personal sales, but has also been used for announcements. I chose to put you in Vendors as it gets more visibility, which I would think is what you wanted.

I do realize the description of the category needs updated, but the vendors posting there have caught on as far as announcing info and news. I will make you a deal. You start announcing in the correct forum and I will do what I can to have the Vendors category changed to read so it falls within the guidelines. This will assist users in knowing better where to place.

If any of this is unclear, please let me know...we want to be as helpful to the audience as possible...which by the way is your target and concern. For this reason alone, the users, you should be putting your threads in the right place to help both you and them.

We can and have been assisting with this...

Carl

shrox

Reaction score
Not to be picky, but then shouldn't "The Rocketry Forum > General Discussions > Low-Powered Rocketry > Thrust Aero F19 Nightfighter Beta Teaser" be under vendors or scratch built?

OK, I'll stop whining now, I appreciate the forums.

shrox

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by shrox
Not to be picky, but then shouldn't "The Rocketry Forum > General Discussions > Low-Powered Rocketry > Thrust Aero F19 Nightfighter Beta Teaser" be under vendors or scratch built?

OK, I'll stop whining now, I appreciate the forums.

shrox
1.) The kit was already announced (In the vendors section)
2.) The "builder" was sharing and not promoting
3.) It was an LPR rocket

Your's seemed a little more like an annoucment.

Normally, I would have kept my nose out of it, but since my name was used as an example, I thought it only fitting that I respond.

:D

shrox

Reaction score
Just citing an example, not trying to get your thread moved!

shrox

A

Austin

It wasn't a very good example...but that's ok. Flying_silverad already noted the difference. Shrox, I have attempted several times to assist and still you beat this to death. Let me state it one more time:

Announcements, pre-announcements, links to other sites with announcements and anything else remotely related to this go in the Vendors Thread...period. This is for both your and the rest of the members etification. You are getting "FREE" advertisement out to a rather large audience, which is very active, rather than other sites with a large, but inactive audience that never builds...where's the gratitude? All we ask for is compliance.

Thanks,

Carl

A

Austin

FYI, All Vendors and Members,

The category description for "Vendors" has been changed to clairify thread placement...please note this change and use it as described. If you are not sure where to place a thread...ask and we will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

TRF Staff