Moderater Arbitration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Because everyone on this forum is human, and has their own perspectives, it's only natural to expect we won't always agree. This includes users not necessarily agreeing with a moderator's actions or decisions.

Because of this, I've talked John Lee (JAL3) into taking on a new role -- Moderator Arbitration.

If you disagree with a moderator's actions, you are free to send a PM to John, and discuss it with him. John will discuss it with both sides, and come to a decision on the issue, taking into account the forum rules.

Why John? Because, to be honest, he's one of the most level-headed people I know. He's open-minded and willing to hear out both sides, and will respond to disagreements in a calm, cool, rational way, which is exactly what is needed.

This isn't carte blanche to grumble about every moderator action to John. Being a squeaky wheel won't work in your favor -- if you're constantly butting heads with the moderators, there's a good chance that you're pushing the boundaries more than you ought to.

But, we're human, and humans make mistakes, as well as have their own biases. Thus, I want to provide an outlet for people to say "Hey, I think Kevin over-reacted about Frank's post".

And yes, that means you can take issues with me to John, as well.

-Kevin

Great idea will allow for less agrevation on the mods as well and maybe ending the hose wars. :cheers:

Next move... we should set up a sub-subforum to moderate the administration of arbitration.

I think John's title should be "Ombudsman" as that seems to be appropriate for the position.

Looks classy on his business card, too.

I'm not sure that I would have wanted that job in the day, but I'm sure he's more qualified than I am. Hopefully, this activity remains largely hidden from the masses and he can continue his building frenzy :cheers:

OK, but where can we go to complain about the Moderator Arbitrator? :confused:

Just kidding - John is an excellent choice.

MarkII

I think John's title should be "Ombudsman" as that seems to be appropriate for the position.

Looks classy on his business card, too.

If he added something in fine print about conducting all arbitration in Ancient Aramaic that would look nifty too.

OK, but where can we go to complain about the Moderator Arbitrator? :confused:

Just kidding - John is an excellent choice.

I know you're being a bit facetious with the question, but I'll go ahead and answer it...

The answer is that John's decisions can be appealed to me. But, that said, it'll be a terrific uphill battle to get me to override a decision he makes.

Besides, remember, John has the authority to tell me I over-reacted on something.

-Kevin

Yes, I was just kidding with that question. I don't anticipate ever needing to call on John to assume that role for anything pertaining to me, but if I ever do, I'll abide by his decision.

Probably. In all likelihood. I guess. :D

MarkII

Back