Model rocket items at grocery store

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
A while back I posted some comments about finding a few Estes modroc kits and motor packs at my local Kroger. (Can't re-locate that thread right now or I would have added to it.)

Anyone who responded that they had also found this stuff at their local Kroger grocery store should go check to see if anything is left. My Kroger is clearing out this "summer toys" section and has a sign posted that the merchandise is 25% off. I picked up all the motors I could find (all two packages of B6-4s) and took 'em to checkout where I was charged $2.59 apiece.

Probably worth a trip to see if any of you guys can pick up a similar deal?

I need to refill a prescription there (and no, that's not a euphemism to buy rocket stuff). I'll have a look... Thanks for the heads up!

The wal-mart by me had motors for about $2 each (C6's and B6's) so i bought up a bunch of them. They still have the same display and only a few motors left. Other then that, its just some RTF plastic rockets and such. Maybe like 3 kits and some designer kit.

I have never seen any model rocket kits at a supermarket, but a couple of years ago I did find individual packs of Quest Flics being sold at my local Price Chopper (a large supermarket chain in northeastern NY). I bought 3 packs. :D

MarkII

A while back I posted some comments about finding a few Estes modroc kits and motor packs at my local Kroger. (Can't re-locate that thread right now or I would have added to it.)

Anyone who responded that they had also found this stuff at their local Kroger grocery store should go check to see if anything is left. My Kroger is clearing out this "summer toys" section and has a sign posted that the merchandise is 25% off. I picked up all the motors I could find (all two packages of B6-4s) and took 'em to checkout where I was charged $2.59 apiece.

Probably worth a trip to see if any of you guys can pick up a similar deal?
There's a Kroger right down the street from my neighborhood; they had some of the Estes stuff earlier this summer, so yeah, I should go take a look.

There's a Kroger right down the street from my neighborhood; they had some of the Estes stuff earlier this summer, so yeah, I should go take a look.

That is not a good sign if my memory serves me right.

Lionel Trains started selling in Kroger Stores back in the mid to late 60's and it seemed like it was their death nell.

I responded to that thread. The Signature Kroger next to my house had 3 of the RTF Patriot kits and a box of motors. Both sold out long ago with the motors going first - I may have helped a bit there. ;)

They have started their summer clearance sale and the only Estes products that lasted until the sale were a couple of their foam and rubber band airplane kits. On the other hand I got a bug zapper that says things like "Oh they got me!" and "Ouch that hurts!", but I digress. :roll:

I also ran by a Super WM the other day and found $5.97 motors, so I'm LOL'ing at all the $3 packs and $29 Flight Packs I scooped up last fall. :D

Back