Mobius Camera Shroud and Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highflyer1968

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to put a mobius camera shroud into Rocksim? Building a 4 inch frenzy dual deploy and would like to add it to my Rocksim file. Will the shroud make any difference on the rock? It weighs 1.2 oz plus a little epoxy plus camera 1.5 oz.

Does anybody know how to put a mobius camera shroud into Rocksim? Building a 4 inch frenzy dual deploy and would like to add it to my Rocksim file. Will the shroud make any difference on the rock? It weighs 1.2 oz plus a little epoxy plus camera 1.5 oz.

I have not done so myself, yet, but if I wanted to model a shroud's impact on aerodynamics, I would add a custom-shaped fin of desired shape and width. Then over-ride the mass of said fin to account for both the weight of camera, and it's asymmetric placement.

Hope this helps,
a

Thanks for that as it helps a lot. I was thinking that I would need to add a fin but wasnt really sure

thanks

Of course Rocksim is full of bugs now and I cant seem to be able to make a custom fin. Getting a little frustrated with it.

Back