MMX Orbital Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done!

I'll probably seal the decals on the booster, but I don't want to add mass to the glider.

zJxFDZXh.jpg

sRU5eNRh.jpg

vKtN6wrh.jpg

This was a real pleasure to build! A very high quality kit.

2 suggestions on building.

1. As I said be careful of paint on the glider mount. The fit is tight. No real big deal, just a bit of sanding to fix it.

2. The booster side stripes decals. The stripe needs to be snug against the canard. Cut it such before you wet the decals. They will cut with a sharp xacto when wet though. I speak from experience on this.

Here she is next to my 1960's kit:

hxMzlbsh.jpg

6j91zIOh.jpg

bpwrFkLh.jpg

fg2tOzqh.jpg

ipaDvrlh.jpg

The MMX booster fits on the "full" sized booster:

ceY6JZrh.jpg

If the weather holds I might get to launch her tomorrow!

One final thought, You guys did Carls memory proud with this kit!
A modern classic.

Thanks
Looks awesome. Spirals could use some work...

Have you started it yet?

It goes together very well.

Oh, yes. Picture is from right after assembly was finished the other night, plus one of the kit parts laid out. Very enjoyable build and it goes together perfectly.

Now the little guy has had all the voids filled and it is ready to sand in preparation for a light coat of primer.

Attachments

• CC0A7BAB-82F7-4FDC-9BB8-3E5110411305.jpeg
    CC0A7BAB-82F7-4FDC-9BB8-3E5110411305.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ABC2934C-26AA-40F9-955D-AE088E48D4CC.jpeg
    ABC2934C-26AA-40F9-955D-AE088E48D4CC.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 39
Oh, yes. Picture is from right after assembly was finished the other night, plus one of the kit parts laid out. Very enjoyable build and it goes together perfectly.

Now the little guy has had all the voids filled and it is ready to sand in preparation for a light coat of primer.

Looking very nice!

Will you go with the traditional colors?

I'll post pictures when I can, unfortunately it will be at least a couple of weeks before I can do that. We are preparing to move into a larger location and things have already started getting boxed up prior to the move.
Where are You Folks moving to? I know where ERockets is located having lived in the Dayton, Ohio general area for 20 + years now. Thanks! :)

Well, done. The size of these rockets makes you use skills in different ways. I have just started to get back building them and they do make you think about what will work best for their size.

Back