MMX-II-NE motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queeg500

Reaction score
I saw the thread about Quest offering parts for sale so with my order last week I added 3 packs of NE motors. The box came Monday and here is what you get in one motor pack: 6 motors, 6 Q2 ignitors, three brown cardboard tubes and motor instructions for the old MMXII motors. hmmmm.....Excited as I am to use these motors this weekend I have no idea what the brown cardboard tubes are for. In this picture, one is inserted as far as it will go in an NE motor. any insight is welcomed! thanks

NEmotors.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the thread about Quest offering parts for sale so with my order last week I added 3 packs of NE motors. The box came Monday and here is what you get in one motor pack: 6 motors, 6 Q2 ignitors, three brown cardboard tubes and motor instructions for the old MMX-2 motors. hmmmm.....Excited as I am to use these motors this weekend I have no idea what the brown cardboard tubes are for. In this picture, one is inserted as far as it will go in an NE motor. any insight is welcomed! thanks

You'll wnat to edit that since saying "MMX-2" indicates a motor with a 2 second delay (the number after the dash is the delay time).

There are MicroMaxx-1 motors (aka MMX-1 or MMXI-1) and there are MicroMaxxII-1 motors (aka MMXII-1) and now there are MicroMaxxII-NE motors (aka MMXII-NE).

Yeah - and don't we WISH there was a MMXII-2 motor available? ;)

That would go really insanely high. The delay in staging for the MMXII-NE allos the model to gain a LOT of additional altitude, but it does slow down a bit. if too heavy, it will start to arc over or weathercock. If very lgithweight, it will not slow down too much and not weathercock, and the upper stage will ignite and build up quite a bit of speed and proceed beyond visual range.:eek:

You really need a team of around 3 people (with good vision) to fly these tiny two-stagers.

They are extremely cool. :cool:

Back