MMX B/G and R/G

Discussion in 'MicroMaxx (MMX)' started by Amsterdam, Oct 30, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Oct 30, 2018 #1

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Show em off!

I’ve purchased two kits both from J&H aerospace, just finished the Aleda-R

[​IMG]

waiting on my engines to come in from Quest.

Anyone know what kind of altitude to expect? Doesn’t weigh much, it’s all 1/16, and 1/32 balsa. I’m guessing 50-60 feet, then again these will be my first mmx flights.

2. Nov 2, 2018 #2

Micromeister

Micromeister

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut TRF Supporter TRF Lifetime Supporter

I have a number of Micro Down-Scale Boost Gliders and Rocket Gliders as well as a couple Micro parasite Gliders. Still haven't completed two or three, that I really want to down-scale (Micro Mach-10, Space Plane and NightHawk). Drawings are done just haven't felt much like building lately.

The Liftoff mass will determine the altitude, Looking at the size in your hand 60-75 feet is likely to be pretty close. Be sure you have at least one extra pair of eyes watching your booster pod. I've can't tell you how many pods I've had to replace flying without someone watching the pod come down.... even with a very long 3/8" flourescent red streamer.

Micro Gliders are fun, and extremely interesting to watch in a very light breeze, Don't attempt to launch Micro Gliders in much more then 10mph breezes or you will be loosing most of them that transition into a decent glide.
    Most of the McCoy's Micro Wonder Works down-Scale BG and RG glider drawings are available free in the files section over on the Micro-Max Yahoo group site. I guess now that Fliskits has closed it's doors I'll have to scan and post his couple gliders as well.

3. Nov 9, 2018 at 9:57 PM #3

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Thanks for the advice John,

I’ve seen that bumble bee photo before, always wondered what was gained by hanging the glider so far from the pod. I’m guessing it got tangled up a few too many times at separation?

I’ll most likely be trying a mmx Raven from Estes monthly news

I’ve had very entertaining flights with mine, it’s fitted with a bt-5 for Estes mini engines, and all 1/16th balsa. It’s the only glider I have that flies well enough to be satisfying but not so well that id lose it.