MMMSC Launch 30 July 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 30 July 2016 at the turf farm in Berwick, Maine. Set up will start about 9:30 and we'll be flying as soon as everything is ready to go. The plan is to fly until 4 PM.

What are you planning on flying?

Robert and Gloria will be there covering all your AMWProX needs. If you're looking for anything in particular, check with them ahead of time.

If you're going for your Level 1 or Level 2 certification, please let us know ahead of time and have all of your paperwork ready along with your NAR card to show your active status. If you've recently joined or certified at a level but don't have your updated card yet, bring your temporary card and/or a print out from the national website to show you are allowed to fly the level you'd like to fly. If you're going for your Level 3 certification, you should know enough to have all your ducks in a row well before you get to the field.

If you're going to need the 1515 rail, give us a heads-up about that, too; there's a new pad design we're looking to try out. HPR flyers should give a big thanks to Jim Moe for the work he's done on upgrading the club's launch pads.

Keep an eye on this thread, the club website and Facebook page to see if there will be any issues with the weather.

I won't be at the launch as that is the day of my Brother's annual Pig Roast. Be sure and give Kenn and Scott support at RSO!

If you have any ProX 38 mm reloads, please bring them to this launch even if you don't plan on using them. A vendor supplied the plastic molded delay grain/ejection charge holder made from the wrong compound. This results in the possible malfunctioning of the assembled motor. Robert and Gloria can examine your particular reload and, if necessary, replace the bad delay grain with a good one. This would apply to any and all of your ProX 38 mm reloads. If your reload doesn't contain the bad part, you'll know it after they look at it.

If you have any special requirements for motors, parts or kits, please contact Robert or Gloria by email by Friday of this week.

Will anyone there have igniters appropriate for a 38mm Loki motor? I neglected to order any, and though I'm told an e-match would work I would prefer something dipped.

[video=youtube;us2YmpySuN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2YmpySuN0[/video]

Back