MMMSC Launch 04 June 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 16 April 2016 at the Tuckahoe Turf Farm in Berwick, Maine. Set up will start about 9:30 and we'll be flying as soon as everything is ready to go. The plan is to fly until 4 PM.

What are you planning on flying?

Jason should be there covering all your AMWProX needs. If you're looking for anything in particular, check with him, Robert or Gloria ahead of time.

If you're going for your Level 1 or Level 2 certification, please let us know ahead of time and have all of your paperwork ready along with your NAR card to show your active status. If you've recently joined or certified at a level but don't have your updated card yet, bring your temporary card and/or a print out from the national website to show you are allowed to fly the level you'd like to fly.

If you're going to need the 1515 rail, give us a heads-up about that, too; it involves a lot of extra set up.

The long range forecast isn't looking too good for the day so keep an eye on this thread, the club website and Facebook page to see if there will be any issues with the weather.

I'll be there!

I'll be flying my 3" min. dia. Intimidator on a AMW K450 Blue Baboon, should reach 7K ft, then my Upscale Arreaux on another AMW K450 Blue Baboon to about 4K ft, and last I'll try to find a small 38mm motor for my Wildman Junior.

If you are planning to fly a CTI V-Max motor this weekend, please see the restriction described in this thread. If your active recovery system relies solely on the motor ejection, you won't be allowed to use a V-Max motor to fly the bird.

This restriction will be in place until further notice from NAR S&T.

Had a chance to stop by one of your launches a few years ago. Are things pretty much the same: positive retention of motors, NAR card, launch fees, don't drive on the grass? May try to stop by for the July 9th launch if weather is good.

Had a chance to stop by one of your launches a few years ago. Are things pretty much the same: positive retention of motors, NAR card, launch fees, don't drive on the grass? May try to stop by for the July 9th launch if weather is good.

All those are still the case (NAR card for HPR launches). No sparkies has always been the case for all but December launches. We're also following the recommendation to not fly CTI VMax motors without electronic primary deployment. As always and everywhere, weather conditions may amend your choice of rocket and motor.

Safety first, fun next and don't do anything to lose us the field; that's all we ask. Hope you can make it.

Latest posts

Back