Quantcast

MMMSC 22 October 2016 Launch Moved to 23 October

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
187
Location
Amesbury, MA
Remember what I said in the posting about the 01 October launch being scrubbed?
The 22 October launch should not be impacted by the pumpkins.
Foolish me. The cannon will be out at the field on 22 October but the farmer has given us Sunday, 23 October, to use the field.

AMWProX will be on the field so contact them if there is anything you need from their stock. Gloria will be making chili and will be turning out french fries, hot dogs and hamburgers so bring your appetite as well as your rockets.
 
Last edited:

lcorinth

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
32
Aw, bummer. I never get Sundays off...

I'll see you guys next month.
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
187
Location
Amesbury, MA
I'm posting this as a heads-up for anyone coming to the launch along I-495 in Massachusetts. Bridge work is being done on 495 northbound beyond the last exit, #55 to Rte. 110 East, and merge onto I-95 North. The three lanes are reduced to one and you may encounter a back up there that could extend for miles depending on traffic flow. You can either leave early and tough out the delay or use Exit 51B to Rte 125 North to Plaistow, NH. Once you get past all the traffic lights in Plaistow, 125 moves along pretty well. Follow you GPS from there and either take it all the way to the Spaulding Turnpike or turn off at the Lee traffic circle along Rte 4.

Neither way will be fast; it's just a matter of how much frustration you can put up with.
 

rocketsam2016

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2016
Messages
270
Reaction score
4
It's looking windy... Does the club shut down low altitude hpr at at a lower wind speed than the 20mph max allowed?
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
187
Location
Amesbury, MA
The launch is a GO.

If you're flying at a certified level, it is hoped you can find the right motor/rocket combination for the conditions or self-ground if you can't reasonably land it on the field.
While the surface winds may be under 20 mph (17.38 kn) they are predicted to jump up above that at 300-ft.
Scott may make a call on the field as condition warrant.
Saucers should be very popular tomorrow.
 

rocketsam2016

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2016
Messages
270
Reaction score
4
Sweet I'll be there. I'm bringing the rocket I hope to cert l1 on. Predicted altitude 800feet on 15:1 maxthrust:weight, and I have a chute release I can use if needed so sounds like there's at least a chance it can fly if you folks and I are happy with it. Worst case I'll watch the saucers, buy some motors and ground test
 
Top