MK4 Rocket Propelled Companion Pod - My first MPR - Southern Cross Rocketry "Quake"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snrkl

Reaction score
So while I wait for my frisket film to arrive so I can paint the flames on my first LPR 2-stage (https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?141195-My-first-2-stage) I have turned my attention to starting my first MPR build.

I have decided on 24mm motors to start with, as I have several LPR birds with 24mm MMTs that I can also use with larger motors...

I picked up an SCR Quake in their EOFY clearance..

I have started to model in OR (haven't had time to weigh, only measure so far...) and I have been playing with the finish design.
I still need to look at what reloadable 24mm motor I will go with - most likely an Aerotech 24/20.. I still need to do some research and figure out what I want to use in it, out of what is available locally...

View attachment SCR Quake.ork

I am planning to use my JLCR when it (finally) arrives..

I thought about a finish inline with the Quake game, but decided I would rather do a Portal/Portal2 theme..

A little googling and some SVG work later, and we have some custom decals that I feel are a little different:

OpenRocket012.pngOpenRocket016.pngOpenRocket014.pngOpenRocket015.jpg

Some more options for the decals as I think towards this build:

Options:
Portal_Jump_options.jpg

OpenRocket027.jpg

Back