Missing members.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob K is alive and well, if a bit busy..
Thirsty I believe is tromping all over the world having the time of his life with his wife...
And I thought I saw Scotty post the other day..

Teddy

McKailas Dad is alive and well*, had a bad case of life getting in the way of rocketry(stuff is packed away) mini drago is still hanging in a tree :).
*stopped by for a few minutes at our last launch...that turned into a 3hr stay.
Rex

Anybody heard from, or have an update on, Robert Vanover in the last year?

and ofn course, we could always use Sodmeister back, come back Paul.

McKailas Dad is alive and well*, had a bad case of life getting in the way of rocketry(stuff is packed away) mini drago is still hanging in a tree :).
*stopped by for a few minutes at our last launch...that turned into a 3hr stay.
Rex

That's wonderful to hear...
Thanks Rex..

Teddy

Not that anyone cares, but I wrote a document for my wife ("What to Do if I Die"), and one of the items is to log onto TRF as me and post my demise. So don't freak out if you get a message from me telling you that I'm dead (hopefully many, many, many years from now). :wink:

Not that anyone cares, but I wrote a document for my wife ("What to Do if I Die"), and one of the items is to log onto TRF as me and post my demise. So don't freak out if you get a message from me telling you that I'm dead (hopefully many, many, many years from now). :wink:

Don't leave your PC unattended... :)

hahahahahahhahaha

That's it...
You're insane John..
You have a family,,
and you're concerned about TRF if you go,, lol...

That's it man,,

Hello,, my name is John and I'm nutz,, lol...

I love you John,, but you're still nutzty,, lol..

Teddy

That's not the only thing in the document! Most of it is financial, continuance of benefits, insurance, shutting off my Amazon, eBay accounts, etc. But I also want people to know what happened to me. Some folks just lose interest in the hobby and fade away, but unless you know them personally, you never know what happened to them. Which is why I ask from time to time, "What ever happened to so-and-so?"

"Missing Members" Sounds like a great name for a band with a sense of humor. Maybe an all female band?

OK,, I get it,,
But honestly I'd be afraid to let my wife post up for me..lol..
She'll kill me for that one,, lol..
Hey,, maybe that's a sticky thread then ??

Teddy

Hey, everyone, I’m still alive!

K’Tesh called my attention to this thread, so I logged in just to reassure everyone that we do not need to invoke the Omega Protocol and do the final clean-up of my social media loose ends. Not yet!

As Teddy mentioned, I have been doing some traveling, the biggest trip being the Camino de Santiago trip I did a year ago. It’s not that I’ve been traveling so much that I don’t have time to post. But leading up to that trip, I joined some Facebook groups to help my planning, and during the trip, I used Facebook to update a group of friends and family about our progress. I guess I developed a Facebook habit, and that has consumed a lot of the time I used to spend on TRF. I still spend a lot of time on the American Pilgrims on the Camino (APOC) Facebook group, giving advice and encouragement to others who are preparing to walk and reliving my own experiences.

Also, lately a lot of my spare mental bandwidth has gone to obsessing over the state of our American politics. It’s not a subject that’s appropriate to TRF, so I’ve been spending more time ranting in other venues! So far, I haven’t been banned from any other sites! :wink:

And probably the biggest factor that has slowed my TRF participation is the fact that my local club LUNAR lost its LPR field, so my opportunities for real-world rocketry have dropped off dramatically. They used to hold monthly launches about 30 minutes from my home — G motor limit and a 1,000-foot ceiling. It was a great, convenient, inexpensive way to keep involved. Now if I want to go to a launch, it’s a 2.5-hour drive to a TCC launch, which I typically only want to do for their larger multi-day launches twice a year. Or I can go to the LUNAR HPR launches, which should be picking up soon, now that the rainy season has started. Those launches are about 90 minutes away and are once a month from December through about April. Time to dust off the fleet, I guess.

So, that’s what I’ve been up to...

I have often wondered how to take care of my online presence when I'm gone. Thought about giving Mrs a document with all of the websites to inform, but I change my passwords routinely. I would have to update the document each time as well. I don't like the idea of putting passwords in a 'cloud account' either. Maybe the big solar flare will happen first, then it won't really matter.....

I think I miss Sodmeister the most. His scale builds were unparalleled. And Krusty, but I think I saw him at that giant V2 launch in Australia.

Back