MissileWorks RRC3 not recognized on laptop

PradyumnaKSV

Reaction score
We're a student team trying to build a sounding rocket, for which we are using MissieWorks RRC3 as our primary flight computer. We have used the standard adapter given to connect it to our laptop. But as soon as I connect it to the laptop, it says "device malfunctioned". When I checked the device manager on the laptop, it showed the USB port to be "Unknown device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)". The laptop has windows 10 on it. Could anyone tell me what the problem might be?

rokit

Reaction score
We're a student team trying to build a sounding rocket, for which we are using MissieWorks RRC3 as our primary flight computer. We have used the standard adapter given to connect it to our laptop. But as soon as I connect it to the laptop, it says "device malfunctioned". When I checked the device manager on the laptop, it showed the USB port to be "Unknown device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)". The laptop has windows 10 on it. Could anyone tell me what the problem might be?

What version of mDACS are you using? Have you successfully connected before? If not, you may need to install the FT‐232 driver first. Also, you need .NET framework 4.0 minumum.

Do you have a copy of the mDACS user manual? The sequence of how to set everything up, as well as establish a connection, is described there. http://www.missileworks.com/downloads/

In addition to trying a different cable, you can try your cable on a different computer. Also, not sure whether USB 2.0 vs 3.0 matters, but trying both types of USB ports with your cable might help rule out the port being the issue.