Missile Works T3 and Rocket Track - possible to get last reported position?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you uninstall the earlier version before you tried to install the new one? What happens when you try to install it? Do you get any error messages?

I have no prior version installed on this tablet, but I will try it and see if my device is the problem. I have an email somewhere with the old apk in it. I think it is also linked upstream in this thread.

My experience using the previous Rocketrack is on my other device - Galaxy S9 with Android 10. I can try your updates there, too.

There's some reason to think that unsigned APKs won't install whatever you do, so stay tuned for a signed APK, but it'll take me a while to produce it.

Attached is a ZIP file with a signed APK. It installed OK on my Android 8 phone and appeared to work, and that's the extent of the testing I can do.

Attachments

• rockettrack.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I have a newer phone ( Samsung s20 Plus) I tried Rocket locator apk. It gave me all kinds of issues until:
I downloaded Blue GPS. In order for it to work you need to tinker with developer options menu. Namely Mock GPS location. Once that is enabled; you have to disable your phones GPS location. Go into Blue GPS and turn on Mock GPS location. Then you will get the data. The maps in rocket locator ap seems to work but for some reason, doesn't overlay data. Blue GPS allows you to log data as long as you turn it on.

I have a newer phone ( Samsung s20 Plus) I tried Rocket locator apk.
Just to be clear, Rocket Locator is the app in the Play Store. RocketTrack is the app I just uploaded the APK for. Which one are you talking about? They're different, although it looks like they started from the same source code at some point.

Which version of Android are you running? 9 or 10?

Just to be clear, Rocket Locator is the app in the Play Store. RocketTrack is the app I just uploaded the APK for. Which one are you talking about? They're different, although it looks like they started from the same source code at some point.

Which version of Android are you running? 9 or 10?
I'm on 10 Rocket Locator Apk from the play store. I tried to use the one provided in the link above and it keeps crashing. I uninstalled it.

Attached is a ZIP file with a signed APK. It installed OK on my Android 8 phone and appeared to work, and that's the extent of the testing I can do.

Thanks for all the effort, mikec. Still no joy on my tablet running Android 9. The apk installs ok, but will not run. The message "Rockettrack keeps stopping" is raised constantly. However, the apk mentioned in post #31 works fine for me. Weird.

Back