Miss Riley Rocket Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
79A962FA-19AD-4F9A-A6A4-12B0FACB88D9.jpeg
Made it to LDRS, very hot out here, but it’s one huge family reunion, it’s awesome to meet so many great people!

Too bad you don't have another 100 of the 2.6" kits ready to sell. I bet they'd sell out after people see the 6-incher go up!

Wow I am very surprised how often people look in the background of my photos. Yes that’s be a 100mph Rocket Powered Toilet all chromed, with a rocket powered wheelchair behind it for when you slow down...
Sorry to say Buddy, but the background of your shop and goodies is more interesting than the foreground(maybe not really but yeah)

QT Wilson of October Sky fame had one of the 4" kits of the Ms Riley. We built it in my shop when
I lived in Amarillo. He flew it a lot, and still owns it.

Now for the bad news. Quent passed away yesterday.
Here is the link for his memorials.

https://tinyurl.com/y5a5rn7o

QT Wilson of October Sky fame had one of the 4" kits of the Ms Riley. We built it in my shop when
I lived in Amarillo. He flew it a lot, and still owns it.

Now for the bad news. Quent passed away yesterday.
Here is the link for his memorials.

https://tinyurl.com/y5a5rn7o

Sad news, Pat. Thanks for passing it along. I was lucky enough to meet him once, years ago. Quite a nice guy. Condolences to his friends and family.

Hi Buddy! Were you able to get the rest of the tubing for the remaining kits? Just curious....

Hi Buddy! Were you able to get the rest of the tubing for the remaining kits? Just curious....
Hello there, yes I’ll have it on Thursday and will ship everything over the weekend. Sorry for the wait as the supplier has been very slow. Moving forward for the next kits, they’ll all be in my hands before I’ll start selling them. Lots more coming soon...

Hello there, yes I’ll have it on Thursday and will ship everything over the weekend. Sorry for the wait as the supplier has been very slow. Moving forward for the next kits, they’ll all be in my hands before I’ll start selling them. Lots more coming soon...

No worries - I wasn't expecting this to be a "quick ship" thing anyway as they are all a bit individual. Thanks!

I have exciting news! If you haven’t gotten all your parts yet.... 100% of the kits, retainers, recovery packages will be shipped/received by you this week, and 25% of the av bays will be shipped out this week.

Attachments

• 23505F10-6429-4F48-8725-45F1775FEC2E.jpeg
    23505F10-6429-4F48-8725-45F1775FEC2E.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 9C29B721-D9DE-4004-8CA7-A214ED58C7E9.jpeg
    9C29B721-D9DE-4004-8CA7-A214ED58C7E9.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 149
SMT Designs Mill Riley bay update...

Batch 1 was shipped out today to Rocketman. (I am a few days behind due to moving the SMT Designs site to a new web host and then dealing with all the setup issues).

I will post an update later this week once I update the schedule. I did want to share the milestone at least today.

Thank you!
batch1.jpg

I can attest to Steve's great modular AvBay systems and he's a wonderfully professional and courteous guy. A number of purchase over the last couple of months have been spot on and delivered fast. I highly recommend both Buddy's products and Steve's kits.

BTW Steve, I'm leaving for BALLS Sat early so shoot me a bill for you know what sir ... ;)

Wonder if I'll ever camp next to those crazy Minnesota guys again ... C'u there Buddy

John

I can attest to Steve's great modular AvBay systems and he's a wonderfully professional and courteous guy. A number of purchase over the last couple of months have been spot on and delivered fast. I highly recommend both Buddy's products and Steve's kits.

BTW Steve, I'm leaving for BALLS Sat early so shoot me a bill for you know what sir ... ;)

Wonder if I'll ever camp next to those crazy Minnesota guys again ... C'u there Buddy

John
Thanks! I am not as fast as I would like to be lately, but I am trying to work through things. I do remember the "you know what". I appreciate the reminder... :)

John
Balls is going to be insane! We have a new fire pit this year for bigger and better burns. :) I will also be flying my next rocket kit at Balls so I’m excited about that. Also planning on being a vendor at Balls, I haven’t even had time to unpack from LDRS yet...

68E3074C-69E3-4E27-B2EF-071FE76C4F25.jpeg
7BADA9E6-DF67-4616-B8FC-B4FEA6FBB74F.jpeg
Every single kit has been shipped out!! Also they all went Priority this time, will be delivered on Friday, Saturday and Monday. Thank you to everyone for being a part of this project.

If your name is....
Richard McCabe, Mark Mathews, Caleb Conley, Sather Ranum, Donald Alexander, Jason Muckenthaler, Sean Gorman, John Sigmon, John LaCroix, Carlos Zapata, your Av Bays are on the way.

Attachments

• E8B2C17F-935E-4A74-98E9-EEA2A0E8A6E6.jpeg
    E8B2C17F-935E-4A74-98E9-EEA2A0E8A6E6.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back