Miss Riley Rocket Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen USPS open on a Sunday.
I always ship from MSP airport which is nice as it’s only 4 miles from me and they’re open till 11pm every night, makes it convenient for last minute orders as most post offices close at 5, these get loaded on the plane immediately.

How many will fly at LDRS? Not mine, still trying to get the L3 finished.

No they won’t be, but I can of course give them out, I don’t have a way to send them other than typing every number. I was thinking of taking a picture of the receipt and putting the buyers name by each number, might be the easiest for me. I definitely want people to keep a close eye on the packages from getting taken outside.

For what it's worth, the USPS has something called "informed delivery" that shows you all of the packages that are registered with the post office for delivery to your name and address (and it might even be just your address since my wife's packages also show up). I have found it really useful - you do have to register for it, but it's free to use and provides a nice dashboard for both your mail and your incoming USPS packages.

EDIT: The package from buddy is already showing up in my informed delivery listing. informeddelivery.usps.com

USPS may not be open on Sunday, but they do deliver on Sunday. Specifically for Amazon. I don't know if it is exclusive, but I have had Amazon deliveries via USPS on Sundays. And every time I feel horrible about it. Those guys deserve a day off. But I am sure they are well compensated.

This thread basically makes me feel bad that I've never seen October Sky. :( I shall need to rectify that.

I can't believe the moderators let you on this forum if you haven't seen October Sky! Isn't it some kind of expected prerequisite?

Here are the kit certificate numbers with the current sold so far:
  1. Steve Kristal
  2. Kurt Anderson
  3. Torre Bookout
  4. Mike Hight
  5. John Sigmon
  6. James Russell
  7. John LaCroix
  8. Richard McCabe
  9. Richard Comshaw
  10. Richard Comshaw
  11. Richard Comshaw
  12. Brian Schenkenberger
  13. Timothy Gagnon
  14. Charles Haislip
  15. Sather Ranum
  16. Jake Skala
  17. Dwayne Shmel
  18. Daniel Harrison
  19. Steve Kristal
  20. Sarah Benson
  21. William Riley
  22. Jamie Weiss
  23. Steve Humphrey
  24. Claude Maina
  25. Donald Alexander
  26. Rolf Orell (in Sweden)
  27. Mark Matthes
  28. Caleb Conley
  29. Roy Tyson
  30. Robert Single
  31. Morgan Remeza
  32. Michael Helm
  33. Jason Muckenthaler
  34. Michael Candell
  35. Gary Kawabata
  36. Michael Haberer
  37. Randy Milliken
  38. Carlos Zappa
  39. Steve Shannon
  40. Torsten Harris
  41. James Kennedy
  42. Michael Swanson
  43. Kenneth Carey
  44. Steve Knutson
  45. Anthony Accurso
  46. Mark Buttomley
  47. Charles Rine
  48. Jon Barrientos
  49. Jim Hinton
  50. Kia Olander
  51. John Hooker
  52. Christian Frazier
  53. Fred Wallace
  54. Paul Glassen
  55. Dale Bills
  56. Michael Pitts
  57. Darrin Spencer
  58. Charlie Nitschlem
  59. Robert Scott
  60. Zen Nicholson
  61. Terry Zein
  62. Jeffery Nettleton
  63. Vito Orlandella
  64. David Graper
  65. Sean Gorman
  66. Andrew Greene
  67. Danny Woods
  68. Thomas Engelhardt
  69. Terry Dancer
  70. Gerald Kintz
  71. Gary Walker
  72. Tim Dixon
  73. Jose Cortez
  74. Luke Pittner
  75. Michael Tyson
  76. Paul Sandyck
  77. Lynett Moore
  78. Jeremy Wong
  79. Robert Skiba
  80. Marty Beck
  81. Pat Aris
  82. Chris Palmer
  83. Mathew Murphy
  84. Michael Erwin
  85. Gary Pletzer
  86. Joesph C Klimczak
  87. Scott Grady
  88. Jason Carpenter
  89. Jason Wilson
  90. Ryan Winslow
  91. Michael Ferrer
  92. Frank Thompson
  93. Bradford Wilson

94. Craig Cline
  95. Reggie Morrow

Last edited:
Here are your tracking numbers for the first 53 kits. I thought about typing everyone out but the chance that I get numbers wrong is high.

Attachments

• 1FD52A0D-0571-403F-A684-EF7449A839D2.jpeg
    1FD52A0D-0571-403F-A684-EF7449A839D2.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 169923AC-97BB-4223-B338-757B4692BF11.jpeg
    169923AC-97BB-4223-B338-757B4692BF11.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 146
Looks like anything shipped West of the Mississippi will be delivered next Monday. And Midwest deliveries will arrive today. Not sure about shipments to the East coast.

Wow there is one kit left!!!
You're not just selling a kit. This is a piece of rocketry history. Homer's endorsement is the coolest part. I knew they would sell out, but I actually thought it would be much faster. ;) Looking at the sales list, MDRA may need to have a drag race. :cool:

Looks like anything shipped West of the Mississippi will be delivered next Monday. And Midwest deliveries will arrive today. Not sure about shipments to the East coast.

Looks like mine is scheduled for Mon the 12th. Depending on which USPS center in the DC area it winds up in, I could get it as early as Friday or as late as the middle of next week. Packages get extra scrutiny if the package passes through the DC USPS central facility.

Oh yeah baby,
Miss Riley is in da House!

Translation: My Miss Riley order arrived.

I must say, kit was very well packed. And I have already done a dry fit. This bird is really purdy :D.
Miss Riley - 01.jpg

Latest posts

Back