Miss Riley Rocket Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy Michaelson

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
So I am finally at the point where things are coming together. I will first be producing a 65mm Body Tube, 38mm Motor Mount Miss Riley Kits that’s roughly 54” tall. This kit would be all fiberglass and dual deploy capable. I’m looking to make these limited addition in eiether a run of 50 or 75, all signed by Homer Hickam including a Certificate of Authtinclty. The nozzles will be machined from 3” billet and that machined down to only 1/16” wall which will make it incrediblely light but strong. I’m not sure what to price these around yet as the nozzles are very expensive, but I’m thinking of selling these around $225-$250 for the entire kit, including main and drogue parachute, shock cords, flame shields, eyebolts, quick links etc which would probably be $100 worth of recovery products. This kit would also include the Miss Riley decals and everything else.

**My question is: how many people out there are interested in a 38mm MMT/65mm BT Miss Riley Kit? I’m not sure what the limited addition amount should be. These will probably be released within the next 2 months. If you'd like a kit please message me with your phone number for future follow up.**

The picture shows how the motor will be held, as the nozzle would act as a centering ring, and the tube would be slid 1” in, with a aeropack retainer.

Attachments

• 573F7638-7FE6-4404-A698-75E1FBD71E33.jpeg
    573F7638-7FE6-4404-A698-75E1FBD71E33.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 756
  • 42DCF790-E8F8-4564-BE8A-F1C8BAB54389.jpeg
    42DCF790-E8F8-4564-BE8A-F1C8BAB54389.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 757
Buddy,
I’m interested. I think you have my phone number.
Have you considered spinning the nozzles from seamless tubing rather than turning from a billet? (I don’t know how well aluminum spins).

I have tried everything possible from urethane, to plastic ejection, to fiberglassing, to metal spinning, to machining etc. After months of researching I have finally came up with machining as the best and cheapest way, plus I believe it’s by far the strongest. I have found a cnc machinet to machine 100 of these for me at a fair price.

Plus I plan on buffing and polishing each nozzle myself before they get sent out, you’ll want to wear white gloves when touching your rocket. :)

I have tried everything possible from urethane, to plastic ejection, to fiberglassing, to metal spinning, to machining etc. After months of researching I have finally came up with machining as the best and cheapest way, plus I believe it’s by far the strongest. I have found a cnc machinet to machine 100 of these for me at a fair price.

Plus I plan on buffing and polishing each nozzle myself before they get sent out, you’ll want to wear white gloves when touching your rocket. :)

Make this a builder’s rocket; let us polish the nozzle.

Wow! The interest in this kit is crazy, which will help on pricing when making these kits. After 26 people messaging me, it looks like these kits will now be limited to 100 units! In addition I will be doing a build thread on TRF very soon. Thanks to everyone who is interested as these are definitely one of a kind. The Parachutes will also be matching (red white and blue).

I'd be interested if I could space the cash. Since I believe Miss Riley was a school teacher (I only have the movie to go on) I must point out that you are producing a limited edition, not a limited addition.

I'd be interested if I could space the cash. Since I believe Miss Riley was a school teacher (I only have the movie to go on) I must point out that you are producing a limited edition, not a limited addition.
You really should read the book! Excellent, well-written novel whether or not you even like rocketry. The rocketry stuff is just icing on the cake. After Rocket Boys, I went on to read the two sequels and the silly one about his parents and the alligator. Good stuff!

So I am finally at the point where things are coming together. I will first be producing a 65mm Body Tube, 38mm Motor Mount Miss Riley Kits that’s roughly 54” tall. This kit would be all fiberglass and dual deploy capable. I’m looking to make these limited addition in eiether a run of 50 or 75, all signed by Homer Hickam including a Certificate of Authtinclty. The nozzles will be machined from 3” billet and that machined down to only 1/16” wall which will make it incrediblely light but strong. I’m not sure what to price these around yet as the nozzles are very expensive, but I’m thinking of selling these around $225-$250 for the entire kit, including main and drogue parachute, shock cords, flame shields, eyebolts, quick links etc which would probably be $100 worth of recovery products. This kit would also include the Miss Riley decals and everything else.

**My question is: how many people out there are interested in a 38mm MMT/65mm BT Miss Riley Kit? I’m not sure what the limited addition amount should be. These will probably be released within the next 2 months. If you'd like a kit please message me with your phone number for future follow up.**

The picture shows how the motor will be held, as the nozzle would act as a centering ring, and the tube would be slid 1” in, with a aeropack retainer.
Sign me up as well
Also in addition the nosecone will be naturally red, body will be naturally white, and I’m working on getting the fins naturally blue but we'll see.
Wow! The interest in this kit is crazy, which will help on pricing when making these kits. After 26 people messaging me, it looks like these kits will now be limited to 100 units! In addition I will be doing a build thread on TRF very soon. Thanks to everyone who is interested as these are definitely one of a kind. The Parachutes will also be matching (red white and blue).
Let me know... [email protected]

sign me up

Thanks to everyone for all whom are interested, it must be 50-60 now, these will sell out very quick! Hoping to have these ready to sell within the next month or so, the nose cones will be red, body tube is white, and fins are blue, they’ll be pretty awesome sprayed clear! I’m working on the unique red/white/blue Parachutes for this kit.

Attachments

• 19325C4D-2BF9-472A-A999-F50A36CC01BF.jpeg
    19325C4D-2BF9-472A-A999-F50A36CC01BF.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 231
Back