Minimum Diameter Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelynch915

Reaction score
I am new to minimum diameter rockets and am wondering what s needed for motor retention. I am looking at using an AeroTech motor. Can the powder that comes with he motor, be used for parachute deployment or do you need more electronics?

Thanks for any help
Mike

What size of rocket were you thinking about?

Aeropack makes minimum diameter retainers that are screwed or epoxied into the airframe. The also make them vented, allowing motor ejection still. But... You need an Open and Threaded closure. Not that common, and only works with a spacer and floating forward closure.

Using electronics is a better way to go. You will soon need for delay then motors offer. But Yes, you can pull your motor deployment charge powder and use it with an altimeter.

Lab Rat rocketry makes a 3d printed retainer for 38mm. And Mach1 rocketry just came out with one for fiberglass BT-60.

Then there is just friction fit. And it works well. That's what this rocket will use.

Attachments

• 0914181721.jpg
    0914181721.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 114
  • 0910181520.jpg
    0910181520.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 118
Thanks Eric and captbk.
Wildman Blackhawk 38 is the rocket I ordered last night. I am looking at the different altimeters now I am leaning towards the Missile Works RRC3 Sport Altimeter

The RRC3 is a great choice. It has a lot of options for future advanced rockets. Its a little longer then others out there. But it's LCD controller is great.

Back