Minimum diameter kit for AT H45 DMS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucanica

Reaction score
Hello!

I have an AT H45 and no "suitable" model to fly it. I bought the motor thinking in a minimum diameter rocket for a peak altitude of about 5K. What rocket kits would you recommend for this purpose?

Thank you all very much in advance!

Last edited:
Any of the LOC 1.63" kits would work great. Aura, Legacy, Weasel, etc. Just leave out the motor mount to make it minimum diameter.

You could also get one of the Wildman Mini kits as a minimum diameter rocket. Mach 1 should start taking orders soon, and they have a whole line of near minimum diameter kits.

I don't think that it's realistic to expect to reach 15k with an H45 and a kit. The current H altitude record is with a very optimized rocket on a 29mm motor, and it is only 14,818 feet. I'd expect something in the neighborhood of 10k feet for an H45.

You could also get one of the Wildman Mini kits as a minimum diameter rocket. Mach 1 should start taking orders soon, and they have a whole line of near minimum diameter kits.

I don't think that it's realistic to expect to reach 15k with an H45 and a kit. The current H altitude record is with a very optimized rocket on a 29mm motor, and it is only 14,818 feet. I'd expect something in the neighborhood of 10k feet for an H45.

Thank you Neutron! I'll take a look to their website.

You are completely right about max altitude. I was thinking in 1500 meters and messed up while converting to imperial. I'll correct my previous post.

Cheers!

I have a PML Cirrus Dart that might be a good candidate for that motor if it can get off the pad fast enough. Sims say 5,700, but I expect that's a little optimistic.

Anyway, I'd put a Public Missiles Cirrus Dart on a list of go fast/high 38mm minimum diameter kits.

Any of the Mach 1 or Wildman stuff should be fine as well. You will probably find out that setting up (and fitting) your electronics is the hardest part of the project. At least it is for me.

Wow! Public Missiles, Wildman, Mach 1... Lots of nice options at their websites! Thank you all very much for pointing me in the right direction!!

Cheers!

Remember with PML you will need their phenolic for MMD as their Quantum Tube isn't suitable for MMTs and therefore MMDs

LOC Aura, leave out the 29 mm motor mount. Friction fit the motor. If you want it back, include a tracker.
As per the Aura Rocksim file I've found here, the AT H45 will leave little space to accommodate the avionics and the laundry. Perhaps the longer Laserloc 163 would be a better choice for this purpose.

Cheers!

Laser Loc would be easier. But I have no doubt you could fit the electronics in the nose cone and chute in the body tube above the motor. You wanted altitude, right? Loc Aura would be it!

H45 Legacy.jpg
I once flew my LOC Legacy with an H45. Actually got it back. No electronics or tracker. Left my phone number on it and a few days later got a phone call. For ejection I used a combination of very fast burning fuse and cannon fuse. The canon fuse in turn ignited the ejection charge. Here is a video of me testing the concept.

Last edited:
Back