Mini Rail Buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
If you aren't using mini-railbuttons from RailButtons.com you are missing out.

I am not being paid to say this. Seriously.

These are far easier and quicker to install than launch lugs and I think the rockets perform MUCH better. I flew my first 2 D powered rockets today with mini buttons and I am not sure I want to go back to lugs. I really do not get why these things haven't caught on more than they have.

Thanks for reading.

-Dave

If you aren't using mini-railbuttons from RailButtons.com you are missing out.

I am not being paid to say this. Seriously.

These are far easier and quicker to install than launch lugs and I think the rockets perform MUCH better. I flew my first 2 D powered rockets today with mini buttons and I am not sure I want to go back to lugs. I really do not get why these things haven't caught on more than they have.

Thanks for reading.

-Dave

Probably Dave because most clubs don't have rails for them, my club does because my rail comes to every launch and it has both a mini and a micro rail on it (back to back). I agree that the rail buttons (all sizes) are much better than lugs in most cases. The micros really work well with my 18mm stuff, and the minis for the 24mm motors, then 1010's for everything else, until 1515's become necessary.

I will second Dave's post. Rails can be found in 1 m or longer lengths on eBay and elsewhere, quite reasonable, though shipping can be outrageous. May have to do a bit of searching. Two weeks ago I had good karma; paid $20 including shipping for a 1.2 m rail. Every one of my rockets will have railbuttons from now on.

I couldn't agree more. Mini rail buttons are the best. Everything (even my LOC1's) get them. No way would I go back to rods.

Where can you buy a mini rail? And what are they called in the real world? I have a couple rockets with the mini rail buttons and our club has a mini rail but if I travel to another site having my own would be nice.

Back