mini motor scratch builts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
I thought I would build some rockets that would take A3's and A10's. I love those little motors. I'm thinking of doing some scale rockets.
-V-2
-AMRAAM
-Scud
-and some others I can't of:)
I'll need to get some BT-5 tubing so I can start on my projects. I can't wait to fly these little birds.

Gerbs4me:
If you are planning a V2 in the BT-5 size, you are actually looking at a Micro-Maxx powered model. If you are interested I have a one page plan, parts lists for the little jewel in the files secton of the micro maxx yahoo group, http;//groups.yahoo.com/group/MicroMaxRockets please note the upper case letters and the single x in MicroMax.
in the files section look under "McCoy's MicroMaxx Plans. sub folder Scale. heres a pic of the finished model

Yea, what he said. You can't do a V2 minimum diameter...nothing for the boat tail. My semi-scale MMX V2 is based on 10.5mm tubing. My mini-motor V2 is based of BT-50. Flies nice on A10s. You can fin a review on EMRR (item 57 in this search)

I like the mini's too. I fly them in our front yard.

We have made a couple scratch builts. My son called the first one rocket rollie because when he retrieved it, he held the nose cone and started spinning the rocket around the shock cord. Potentially a rocketeer faux pas.

Here's the Rocket Forum thread

The other one I made was called Quadra-Tube which was fast and simple with 4 tubes offset and fins on them. Kind of neat.

Nonetheless, they are great for the front yard on 1/4 and 1/2A's!

Nick

On the V-2, I could use BT-50 or BT-20, and make a balsa boatail. Thanx for the help

Back