Mini Midwest Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
state rules apply no mask if vaccinated

Would immunization cards be appreciated by the launch sponsor?

I and my son have been isolated in "forgottenonia" for the entire time this scourge has been on mankind. We both are one month out of our second Moderna immunization and still wear masks in public out of courtesy to others.

Chris and I have remained healthy the entire time and still are.

Scary illness if you ask me. (retired M.D.)

Kurt Savegnago

Got everything all ready tonight.

Bringing my Minie Magg DD on a J415W and my Loc IROC cluster on a J340M and (6) H115DM's. Same cluster I tried to fly at MWP 2 years ago and only (3) of the H115's lit resulting in a very slow, low, and slightly puckery moment but a safe recovery none the less. This time.....I have igniters that are FAR more up to the task!! E-matches with a sliver of blue thunder propellant taped to the side. Should get that off the pad instantly.

Hopefully the cloud deck vacates the area. Down side is going to be the mud.

I finished building the motors I have here. L850 for the 5" Wildman Goblin, K535 for the Concept 98 and the J275 for my well-worn 4" LOC Goblin. Still have to pick up an L1000 and K550 from Wildman's on Saturday so I'll probably fly those Sunday. I've tossed an extra set of boots in the car in case it's muddy. See everyone soon!

~Dave~

I actually flew two rockets today. My WM AAD 98 Interceptor on a AT L1520T to 10000+ ft and my WM 5” Goblin to 5600 ft on a AT K780R. I was able to track both rockets all the way up and down. Both landed in the field south of the pads an easy walk in from the road. There might even be pictures somewhere. I never remember to do it myself.

I had some great flights - and one notably not very great one. I'll post the Goblin photos later. But for now, my personal highest and fastest flight so far. The Orange Formula 98 on an Aerotech L1000. 9431' and Mach 1.59.

I had converted this rocket to HED to allow for the longer 54/2800 motors. Unfortunately after many successful flights this time the main got hung up in the nosecone and didn't deploy so it came in under drogue @50fps and cracked a fillet.

L1000_5-30-2021.jpg

Last edited:
We're home.
Just walkin in.
What a wonderful time my wife Sandy and I had with you all..
Everyone is so warm and welcoming.
We just don't get to see each other often enough..

Thank you all so much from both of us..

Teddy

This flight was not my highest, or fastest and I didn't flutter off any fins. But this was my first time making a RockSim file for a rocket. This was the Concept 98 on the Aerotech K535.

Sim apogee: 4565
Actual apogee: 4630
Sim velocity: 627
Actual velocity: 619

1622492416187.png

1622492426157.png

We're home.
Just walkin in.
What a wonderful time my wife Sandy and I had with you all..
Everyone is so warm and welcoming.
We just don't get to see each other often enough..

Thank you all so much from both of us..

Teddy
Teddy, it was great to see you and Sandy again! It has indeed been too long......

Many thanks to QCRC for another fantastic launch! MMWP was my first launch when returning to rocketry after a long hiatus, so it's a personal favorite of mine. I had one good flight and unfortunately one failure. at the looks of it, the ejection charge did not fire and I have to look into why after I see what data I can pull from the altimeter.

Back