EVENT Mini MidWest Power 23' - Who & What...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know Tim posted a MMWP thread but it hasn't gotten much traction so...

Who is planning on attending and what do you plan to fly?

I will be there both days with my family.

Rocket List:
CW Lotus 3
LOC Goblin
LOC Wi-Roc
Mac 3" BlackFly
RW Stinger
WM 2.6" Wasserfall
WM DarkStar Sport (Maybe)

Estes DBRM and a few other LPR birds.

And the weather forecast looks great! 👍

I'll be there both days, sun up to sun down, or whatever. :)

Likely flying the following:
Gary Pletzers (@crossfire ) almost-finished and now pretty-much-finished Formula 98 on a K2050ST
Jason Griffins (@GRIFFIN ) 5" Super Jart that he never started and I bought/built on a K560W.....or a 75mm L.....its built for the 75/5120 case....K1800ST?? I built it for an M1297....
Jason Griffins old raggedy 5" Jart that I resurrected into a thing of beauty!!! (my opinion OF course!) on.....no idea....J800? I dunno....
Madcow Nike-Apache on a J-something to a G/H-something
Wildman Mach 2 on a J180T
Likely bring my fleet of Estes DRM's of various sizes on motors far too large for them

No M's this year. I don't feel like lumping big stuff around with my back.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to send up the following

Full Scale ARCAS "Spongebob ARCASpants" on an L something
LOC Ultimate Buzz "Blue Angel" on a CTI K600 54mm just to see if wind up filling out another MESS report.... haha
MAC Rayzor "Gween Rayzor" on a J something
old Giant Leap Vertical Assault "Yeeee Ha" on a J something maybe a K
Probably the SBR Bomb "Eat ME" on an H or I
some mixed mid power and LP flights
Snitches on composites are sure fun so maybe some of those too.....

Weather looks awesome so who knows... I could fly an M or something in some other stuff in the trailer.

Update:

I have my Big Daddies ready and outfitted with the following:
29mm Upgraded: H238T
38mm Upgraded: I225J

I'll need help finding those.....

I have to say, it was an awesome Mini Midwest Power this year! In case you were wondering, here's a breakdown of the flight cards that I got at the close of the launch on Sunday.

Saturday we had a total of 109 flights, broken down by motor they look like this:

MotorCount
A
1​
B
1​
C
5​
D
2​
E
F
5​
G
11​
H
14​
I
14​
J
17​
K
18​
L
12​
M
7​
N
2​

On Sunday, the pace slowed to only 44 flights. Honestly, the weather turned out even better on Sunday!

Here's how the flights looked on Sunday:

MotorCount
A
0​
B
0​
C
0​
D
0​
E
2​
F
0​
G
1​
H
7​
I
6​
J
10​
K
11​
L
4​
M
2​
N
1​

Note that not all of these were actually successful (I'm looking at that N motor on Sunday as an example 😥 ).

Edit: Sunday had 44 flights.

Last edited:
I have to say, it was an awesome Mini Midwest Power this year! In case you were wondering, here's a breakdown of the flight cards that I got at the close of the launch on Sunday.

Saturday we had a total of 109 flights, broken down by motor they look like this:

MotorCount
A
1​
B
1​
C
5​
D
2​
E
F
5​
G
11​
H
14​
I
14​
J
17​
K
18​
L
12​
M
7​
N
2​

On Sunday, the pace slowed to only 44 flights. Honestly, the weather turned out even better on Sunday!

Here's how the flights looked on Sunday:

MotorCount
A
0​
B
0​
C
0​
D
0​
E
2​
F
0​
G
1​
H
7​
I
6​
J
10​
K
11​
L
4​
M
2​
N
1​

Note that not all of these were actually successful (I'm looking at that N motor on Sunday as an example 😥 ).

Edit: Sunday had 44 flights.
I am so glad you posted the launch info. I have been wanting to see this info for years from the local MidWest launches. Thank you very much.

Awesome Pics Justin,
Sorry I did not realize that was you taking photos of all the launches. I would have introduced myself as I do not recall ever making your acquaintance.
Anyhoot, great job!!!

My launch report is very UNspectacular...

I had everything laid out by my front door for packing up the rental and it went well except, I had moved my DBRM behind the couch.... Yep, DBRM reprises Macaulay Culkin's role. Only this time has an EggFinder (in the NC) as a sidekick... 😡

Had to scratch the launch of my RW Stinger due to issues including ballooned LiPos for the avionics and broken power leads on my backup EggFinder.

In happier news...

I did fly my Madcow Momba twice, each time on an AT G53. Great flights and short walks for recoveries.

Tim & Jackie hosted a fantastic dinner Saturday evening. Jackie outdid herself with all the cooking, including amazing mouth watering ribs!! And Tim's mother, Mary Ann, brought home made yum yum desserts to the shindig. Luckily, for my brain, I did not stay for the after party........... :p

All in all, I had a great time watching the launches, ratchet jawing with lots of folks, harassing Tim here and there, and getting a really nice tan to boot.

I wasn't going to fly anything at Mini Midwest Power last Saturday since it was a little breezy for my liking (yeah I'm the fairest of fair-weather flyers lol). But with @rfjustin cajoling me with offers to help load and recover, how could I refuse? I'm glad he talked me into it because it was a great flight; thanks Justin! 5" diameter upscale Arcas on an EX M motor to just over 14K.

IMG_4336.JPG

DSC04834.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

DSC04839.jpg

Back