Mini Mars Lander RTF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacques

Reaction score
I never liked the stock red and black color scheme so I changed it to the "official" Mars Lander color scheme and added scaled down decals. Here are the results.

First picture!

sweet!
heres the original paint scheme,I'm familiar with ,,wish I had one!

Just guessing, but I think he re-painted the RTF mini-Lander that came stock with a black cone, red body, and black legs (all plastic - just install the chute and launch.)

Fore Check is right and the paint scheme is from the full size Mars Lander not the Mini Version:)

when did estes put out the m.m.l. ? I don't recall ever seeing that one, & if I did I would have bought it!

It's kit #1826. It comes in one of those hard plastic packs like the little cruis missle you see a lot of on eBay (also I think the Snitch ufo is packaged similarly.)

According to the expanded list on Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, it was produced from 1999 through 2002 and never appeared in a catalog.

I got mine during the Hobby Lobby 1/2 off sale right before this last Christmas. I think I got it for a grand total of $2 because it was already on clearance.

I haven't taken it out of the package yet - but I will.

I bought mine to convert to a nose cone, but instead decided to stage it off a larger rocket. The description of my rocket, the M^2 L^2 is also on EMRR.

Looks cool painted like the original, good job!

The Mars Lander was a good kit. It was one of those kits you build every little detail. It flew good too. Mine has had a few "hard" landings, but was still in good condition.

I also bought a Mini Marz Lander and have flown it 15 times.

Back